Seller new to stripe account procedure

Hello all, I have started accepting Stripe payments and have a question about procedure. Should I "capture" the payment, as in my stripe account it lists both of my payments as uncaptured. From what I gather it captures this payment when the order hits shipped status, is there any risk in waiting for this? Generally I ship next day so I don't have an issue waiting 1 day for the payment to go through as long as there is no risk of it getting reversed on me.

Thanks,

Randy

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • For Stripe payments, I manually capture when I set the status to "Processed" as I think "Shipped" is not the right status for capture.
  • The payment can only be captured during 7 days, after that you don't receive the payment, if there are holidays be sure to capture if you can't ship on time...
  • > @"Colorado Bricks" said:
    > For Stripe payments, I manually capture when I set the status to "Processed" as I think "Shipped" is not the right status for capture.

Yes, I was thinking this as well. Next time I will be doing it this way. Alternatively I may end up capturing before I even pull the order much like how it is with PayPal. Now I am just waiting to see if I get the dreaded email from Stripe. A little extra work for shipping stripe payments but not too bad. Does the deposit move faster after the initial sales are deposited in the bank account specified?
  • > @Stellar said:
    > The payment can only be captured during 7 days, after that you don't receive the payment, if there are holidays be sure to capture if you can't ship on time...

Oh yeah, never an issue for me unless I am somehow incapacitated, longest I have ever taken is 3 days on a massive order. Glad that it will do it automatically if I forget though, that could certainly happen.