Advertising a service in a BO product description?

I saw a seller who advertises a paid membership (for € 99,- a year) in the public note of all their products. Is this allowed? It's not the same as linking to another marketplace, so I'd like to know what the rules are on this.

"Everybody can become our partner and get wholesale prices. Contact us for more information. - - Partnerprice: € xx.xx (excl. VAT)"

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I know the seller you refer to. Nothing wrong with that, it just allows you to buy cheaper. Transactions still go through BrickOwl.
  • I too, noticed it - and followed the link, personally I think it's dodgy, however their "discounts" on LEGO are less than spectacular, certainly not worthwhile... now if you sold m*** b**** seems you would get deep discounts LoL :))
  • Transactions still go through BrickOwl.
    But the paid membership sale doesn't. So they urge people to buy a non-BrickOwl product. I'm not against it per se, but what is the difference to "contact me if you want buy computer parts".

And after you have the discount membership? Can you order throught BO with that discount? Or do you have to do it in their webshop? In the second situation they're actively leading people away from BO.
  • No the discount is also valid through BrickOwl, I guess a coupon is given or something. I deal with the guy on a regular basis and I can assure you there is no foul play here. From what I've heard, the discount notice will be taken offline on his listings here ... so basically you turned your back on a good deal ... ;-)
  • Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting foul play. I just wanted to know what the rules are in these cases.
  • test
    I wasn't suggesting foul play. I just wanted to know what the rules are in these cases.
    Chris