email redaction?

A buyer replied to one of our messages from BO and the original text we sent to them includes "...[e-mail address removed] ..."

Is BO redacting email addresses on outgoing messages to buyers or is this something the buyer did on the reply?

If it is something BO is doing, can it be turned off? There are legitimate reasons where I need to provide a buyer an email address.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes, Turn this off. Was underpaid for an orders' shipping. Sent the customer the email address so she could pay for the remaining shipping but the email address was gone and [e-mail address removed] was in its place. I doubt she will be paying the difference. There is no way to invoice for the underpaid amount within Brick Owl?
  • I solve this by replacing @ with (at). Works as a temporary solution but indeed turning this feature off would be even better.
  • Messages sent through the messaging system don't have e-mail stripped, so your initial message we'll show the e-mail address to the customer. Replies via e-mail have e-mails stripped, otherwise you would see the customers e-mail address when their e-mail client sticks it onto the previous e-mail header.

In the case of a user wanting to add a part to an order, I would suggest you mention the order merging feature and suggest they place an order for the part.