Working of anchors on home page

Hi,

I am new on brick owl, coming from bricklink where I - as german seller - have currently problems to sell because of the known issues of german laws... My shop there is currently closed. As it seems that there will be no way to have a german "buy now" button, the best way is to move here. Brickowl have this button and all the other issues came up on bricklink can be solved on my opinion by myself.

But now to my question:
I am currently building up my HOME page. There I want to list all needed german regulations like AGB/Datenschutz/Impressum... I want to link to those texts by anchors. Means on the top I have following line:

Impressum | Datenschutz | AGB | Widerrufsbelehrung | Versand/Shipping

These are links, connected to anchors to the headers of the text. I dont show these text on the top of my HOME page. There I want to have some parts showing, or in future a blog.

The editor gives the possibility to make this, but when I test the HOME screen on "Storefront" the links dont work. I can see on the browserline that the link is called (for example #impressum) but the screen dont jump to the anchor.

Anyone knows this problem? What to do? Or is it only a problem of the preview of storefront?

Thanks all for your help.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The source code of the page shows there's no href id with your Shipping heading. Maybe this was included and stripped by BrickOwl, in which case there probably isn't a way to do it.

Just to clarify, your link is correct, but the Versand heading should have id="versand" within the a tag, and it doesn't.
  • Those IDs are likely being stripped for security reasons. Potentially what you could do is create separate pages for each of those sections, and make those normal links to them. You can also still have the information duplicated on the home page.
  • Thanks for the answers.
    The funny is: after everay section i made „top“ with a href to the top. The an anchor i put on my top image.
    This link is working. When i press on the „top“, the page jumps to the top.

Will try to solve it with seperate pages.
  • Interesting, I have embedded HTML on my home page without issue, including external links - I see no reason internal jumps wouldn't work with anchors. I do know if I try to get fancy, I do get into problems (likely because of the default .css files overriding my hard-coded HTML color codes and font names, etc. - I've run into this issue also on collaboration suites such as Confluence Wiki).