5 years, 5 months

I was just looking at profiles and noticed the "early adopter" badge for users who signed up first month. I saw that users from number 100 onwards have it, but a small handful of us in the '80s' number range don't. I want a badge! :-D

Just kidding. Can't believe BO opened 5 years ago, and I hope it's opened for a long time! It keeps beating other sites in features, user friendliness, response time, everything else. Now, whenever I tell other people to check out my store, I always mention BrickOwl before other sites!

Great work!! :-)

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well done Brick Owl.
    I wish there were more badges.
    Examples
    "Helpful in the forum"
    "100 orders shipped"
    "25 orders placed"
  • And that these badges would be more visible. I would like them under store information for sure!

Tyson.
  • > @leopard37 said:
    > And that these badges would be more visible. I would like them under store information for sure!
    >
    > Tyson.
    >

I second that! More badges and displayed for all to see!
  • I have to admit, I love my catalog badges and am proud of them. It's like this nice positive reinforcement feeling of "I contributed and am valued. " ;-)

I like the helpful in the forum idea... several folks certainly deserve that!! (not me, but off the top of my head, folks like Robertnat who respond a lot to questions - not leaving anyone out purposefully, he just popped into my head instantly).
  • And congratulations to BO's hard-working staff on five terrific years!
    Here is to the next five!!! ^:)^
    (if one of the icons available had a mug of beer or a champagne flute, I'd of gone with that! <s>).
  • > @Calibrick said:
    > And congratulations to BO's hard-working staff on five terrific years!
    > Here is to the next five!!! ^:)^
    > (if one of the icons available had a mug of beer or a champagne flute, I'd of gone with that! <s>).

Totally agree - love website etc - its really has me hooked on Lego again
  • @Brick_Top If I recall well, the user ID numbers where random in the early days (might still be the case actually). I signed up the first few days after the launch and have number 609 (5 years and 6 months), and have the early adopter badge.

@Calibrick Sorry for popping in to your head :-D
    Appreciated you consider my help useful.
  • @robernat I'm not sure, I thought they might be, but I manually checked the user numbers and I think that they are in chronological order. You may be one of the 600th first people who signed up! I'm sure that more than a thousand signed up on the first month. I think I signed up before it was open to the public, since I was helping Lawrence test some stuff.

Only @Lawrence knows though :P
  • @Brick_Top Ah, yes, you registered before launch, that explains it...
    Been checking the numbers: little to no people have an ID below 100, as of 100 (probably the start number for the wider public) people have the early adaptor badge, up until 1732. User 1733 doesn't have the badge, so that must have been the closing point for the badge.
    So it does seem chronological indeed.
    If one checks orders from members who recently subscribed (max 2 weeks), its somewhere over 376123 (one that I found). But some random checks before and beyond that number gives no results.
    It's very possible a number is created in the background when a cart is created by a random visitor, if the visitor doesn't subscribe and the cart is cleared, the number might simply remain 'unused'.
    Maybe @Lawrence can enlighten us indeed :-)