Howto create a PayPal micro transaction account?

Could anyone please share a hint on how to create a PayPal account with the micro transaction fee structure? I already have a normal account that works fine and now want to configure the micro payment option in BO to save a bit on fees on small amounts paid. I'm based in The Netherlands.

Tried to create a second account but just can't find where to configure it for micro transactions. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I believe you still have to phone Paypal and make the request. There was no online option for this (a few years ago anyway). PayPal can then switch this on for your account - it takes about 24 hours for the cogs to turn at PayPal. Watch the fees applied with each order and you will see the change over.
  • Ah :) Will give them a call on Monday. Thanks!
  • > @BrickingAmazing said:
    > I believe you still have to phone Paypal and make the request. There was no online option for this (a few years ago anyway). PayPal can then switch this on for your account - it takes about 24 hours for the cogs to turn at PayPal. Watch the fees applied with each order and you will see the change over.

Thanks I have asked the same question - old age doesnt come alone !!! :))
  • Yes, they did mine straight away when I rang. You have to speak to a human, can't do it on the automated system. Mine was active by the next morning.

Easy enough to change settings on BO so it sends small payments to one, and larger ones to another.
  • pay pal call center in uk is 0800358 7911 when you connect state agent will get you off automated link
  • Talked to PayPal on the phone today and they said they'd activate the micro fee structure within the next few days (will get an e-mail about it). Sounds good so far. We'll just wait and see :)
  • > @ilovebricks said:
    > Talked to PayPal on the phone today and they said they'd activate the micro fee structure within the next few days (will get an e-mail about it). Sounds good so far. We'll just wait and see :)

Worth doing IMO. Saves me about 10p per order under £9 on average, which soon adds up.