How to correct weight of an item?

I just received an order that was paid at checkout but the actual weight was higher, incurring an additional expense on my part to make up for the difference in the actual shipping cost. Is there a way to correct the weight of this item to avoid this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes, you can and it's pretty straightforward. Make sure you are on the main catalog entry page rather than a specific color. Click 'Edit', then scroll down until you find the dimensions and weight entry fields and add the missing info. Scroll to the bottom and click 'Submit'. The process isn't immediate as admin will approve it. There is no 'in your face' way of checking it's been approved other than going back into the edit tab every so often to see if the weight is now there, or checking your catalogue submissions list.

On your store dashboard you can click the 'Inventory' tab and on the right hand side there is a 'Missing Data' list and you can see here if anything else needs attention. It's always worth having a go at amending these as not only does it help you out, but everyone else too.

Hope this helps

James
  • I would just ensure that the scale you use is calibrated (my Amazon order history no doubt looks "interesting" with the varied small plastic baggie sizes, micro-scale, and calibration weight purchases, lolol).

Thanks for continuing to help keep the catalog updated, Gingerela! I try to update and validate weights also as I add new stock (I have been in the same situation as you, several times).