Shipping Amount Undercharge

Is there a way to correct the shipping and to bill the customer if the shipping charged in the transaction is less that the actual cost? I have boat hulls and thought I had them for quote but the quote did not happen and the system charged the shipping without requesting the quote. Because these boat hulls are so big and bulky, it is not possible to ship them in bubble mailers (or desirable) . A box is necessary. Customer completed the transaction and the shipping amount was not enough by $5.30. Suggestions, solution within the transaction? I have emailed my customer about the shipping undercharge. We'll see, but would be nice to be able to fix this an easier way so this fix is not necessary because it does not happen in the future.

Would be nice to have a radio button, much like we have for featured, to select on items that require a shipping quote automatically.
Melissa

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added

• Would be nice to have a radio button, much like we have for featured, to select on items that require a shipping quote automatically.
    Melissa
    That's a good idea
  • THANK YOU Lawrence! Force Quote is there. I love this... No more having to play with the shipping to keep it from undercharging on bulky items. Woohoo!
  • 1 more thing. On the Inventory page - we need a update to mark the selected as Force Quote. So sellers can quickly mark packaging and sets as a whole instead of 1 by 1.
    Thank you Lawrence. Your the greatest and you made my day.
  • The tick box is there, the backend code isn't active yet, should be within a day or so. As in, you can tick and saved but it won't have an affect just yet. Wildo on the mass inventory also.