request a quote additional setting

Some stores ship with different companies and/or different methods within that company such as First-class and Priority.

When someone requests a shipping quote, what do you think about letting sellers give 2 different quotes? So lets say I get a shipping quote in my store. I type in $5.95 with a note/selection that says "USPS Priority" and then on a second line that says "$2.97 USPS- First Class" then the buyer can select which method they wish to use for shipping.

Just a random idea.
Chris

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I like this for larger packages. I would quote USPS and UPS or DHL or FedX. Right now I email the customer with the information for multiple shipping methods and wait for a reply of their choice before submitting the actual quote amount they chose. It would be faster to not have to wait for the reply to enter the quote.
    Melissa
  • Exactly my thinking.
    Also, when a seller clicks on the button to give a quote, it can show one line like it does now with an added section for shipping method/company. in the bottom right corner can be a plus sign +. This will add additional lines that the seller needs to quote various shipping methods to their liking.

Chris
  • *bump*

Anyone else interested in this upgrade to requesting a quote?
This discussion has been closed.