Same inventory yet no sales

Hi, I'm new to BrickOwl but have been selling on "the other site" for years and have made the decision to synchronise my inventory across both platforms to hopefully increase exposure and sales.
Whilst I am aware that I have no feedback here, I can't work out why I get relatively consistent sales over there but none over here with the same inventory at the same prices.
Perhaps I have not set up my store correctly (yesterday I realised I had no shipping options, woops) and something is preventing sales or there's some large difference to selling here that I'm unaware of.

I ask kindly if anyone could take a quick look at my store just to check that it is indeed functional.

Thank you for your time in advance,
Golbsco

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can actually place an order in your own store on Brickowl, so that can help test your shipping options.
  • I can relate to your story. Unfortunately I only get a small trickle of orders on BrickOwl compared to the other site. But especially the past 1 or 2 weeks it has been specifically quiet around here. I don't really know what to do about it either, I have been playing with shipping fees, minimum orders, payment methods, but none of this had any effect. So I just lowered my expectations and appreciate the orders I am getting, it's still a great little bonus besides sales elsewhere. Would love to see the balance change a bit in the future.
  • I've noticed the last few weeks have slowed down, this could in part be because people are saving up for holiday shopping. :-)
  • Thanks for the replies
    @minifigforlife I didn't know this! thanks!
    @Teup I see your posts on the other site all the time and enjoy reading them; I'll keep fiddling with my store and see if I can't make some magic happen.
    @Calibrick I've heard there are down times across the summer so maybe it's yet to swing back?
  • Tsssss this remark issue over there, what a circus.. I'll be so happy to leave there when I can afford it. I wonder if there's anything we can do to draw more people from there to here? We're not allowed to post on their forum about sales here, and yeah, that is fair. Now I'm wondering what else we could do to promote a move to BrickOwl as a buyer. BrickOwl really deserves it, as it out-performs Bricklink in all areas, except the number of orders....
  • Agree, I'm glad I'm not adding parts that way anymore... The lack of bug fixes for months...

Tyson.
  • I've noticed the "other" site has direct linkages with Brickset - wonder if we can get in on that here or if their agreement is exclusive?

Wondering also if there are any LEGO direct relationships to be made in cases where older parts are not available from them (which would have to be done cautiously, obviously) - I remembering reading a long time ago in the other site's forums that some customer reps actually refer to the other site when they are out of stock on pick a brick.

Any marketing gurus (professional) on this site?
  • Brickset did link to BrickOwl but it was short-lived. The site has long since transformed from a Lego fan blog into a money-making site, and clearly their monetised relationship with Bricklink requires that they pretend BrickOwl doesn't exist.