Non Payment

How does one report non-payment, and thus cancel the order???

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You just cancel the order (refund) then select option to return to inventory, I don't believe there is such a thing as "npb" here, as its not necessary - most sales would be paypal, and if you are using the business account then nothing happens if they don't pay.

I have an outstanding order buyer selected check, order won't be prosessed until I receive the check.

With standard PayPal - I wouldn't do anything until I see payment actually appear in PP account (I lost $30 earlier, by shipping order without being paid).

Same if I receive a quote request.

Therefore no reason for NPB as all is needed at most is 2 clicks to cancel

Also I don't feel it would be right to start "those" type of forum threads (mentioning names) that make the other place so bogged down with negativity!

Graham
  • I've had 3 non payments now. I just cancel the order and that's enough for me.
  • If you want to report it, you can e-mail me and I will recorded against their account. You can cancel any order by clicking on the other actions drop down on the order and then clicking refund/cancel.
  • Thanks Lawrence.
    I still think it is mildly confusing for sellers the way it is set out. I would suggest a simple "Cancel Order and return Items to Inventory in addition to the refund options.
    Paul
  • I agree with Creative Techinic. I'm currently trying to cancel an order, but I keep getting taken to a refund screen. There is nothing to refund as the buyer did not send payment (sale from when I had a basic paypal account).
  • Of course there is (and should be) such a thing as NPB's here. Some sellers here offer payment via money order, check or cash, instead of immediate payment via PayPal. Suppose the money order, check or cash never comes? Or suppose you ship the order and the buyer then does a reversal or chargeback (which can sometimes be done even with proof of delivery). I think most sellers here would agree that is non-payment.

Yes, we do need to have some system to deal with NPBs. And to make order cancelation more intuitive. This is, I think, the third or fourth time I have seen a seller ask how to cancel an order.

Thor
  • edited November 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There is a system to deal with people who do not pay. Admin mentioned it in this thread. You cancel the order, meaning refund all the parts (semantics the only real difference between that and cancel order) and then tell Admin they did not pay.

Just because someone cannot "see" the system or does not mean it is not there and working fine.

For me, if the help files eventually explain the process I think it will all work out fine. Easy after the first one. :)

I do agree changing some wording or adding an all in one button would help many people off the start.
  • There is issue reporting on orders these days, to report a non payment. There's no limits/punishment attached, it just gets recorded and other sellers can see the count.

I will be making a reworded refund form for cancelling that does the same thing.