Lighting Modular Buildings

Hi folks!

With years of experience custom-lighting my model kits, I was pondering lighting my LEGO modular buildings and started researching what kind of LEDs with built-in resistors (resistors get large), etc. In doing so, I stumbled over multiple sites selling prewired modular building lighting kits. These range from US sellers to at least one site that appears to be out of Asia. Some are on eBay, some have their own .com sites, and some do both.

Just because I can do something doesn't mean I enjoy it (I despise soldering, lol) frankly... and my time is valuable to me, so I don't mind paying extra for someone else doing all the wiring and precalcs for me.

Does anyone here have any personal experience buying prewired modular building kits, from whom, and if you've been pleased by the results? I'm admittedly partial to 9-volt over AA/AAA batteries (9-volt batteries don't leak if they sit unused for a period of time), but I can also rewire into 9-volt packs easily enough (so long as the math works for the LED voltages, of course).

Looking forward to hearing anyone's experiences! :-)