Include UserId in order download

hey Lawrence,

Could we include the userid in the order download ? the Customer Email is a bit heavy to use to distinguish users with the same first and last name.

Thanks you,
CB

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • +1 to above.

Also, could we also sort order and ITEMS ORDERED downloads in ascending vs. descending order? (so oldest first, newest last)? It's an easy re-sort for the order download, but for the items ordered download, there is date field to allow us to re-sort.

Or... add the ISO order date to the items ordered report, that works too. :-)

Thanks for any consideration to these you can provide, Lawrence! (and like the new "look" in the catalog of the IDs, size fields - the table format looks nice! <s>).
  • +1 @"Colorado Bricks"

The API also doesn't have it. It'd be really handy for the '/order/view' API to have some sort of a user identifier (BL shows the plain username, but anything unique will do). I'm importing orders to my book keeping, and currently I have no way to detect that someone has ordered before (so I can reuse an existing contact instead of creating a new one).

Sure, I could try to match names and addresses but that is suboptimal (someone may change address etc). On other sites sometimes at the end of the year buyers ask "please send me all my invoices with VAT etc in PDF". That is easy when all their orders are linked.

Quite new to BO so if I'm missing something please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
  • This can be done. I use the BO email address as unique.
  • Ah nice, was already wondering if that would be the same when the buyer places a second order. Thanks! :)
  • Neither BL’s username nor BO’s email address are “static” for the account. Both can be changed any time, so they don’t really work to 100% identify a recurring customer.
  • @qwertyboy the BO email addresses never change
  • That's now been done