Fee for ordering on Brickowl

I've just received a notification to pay commission for ordering from Brickowl. This is the first time I've been made aware of any such fees!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • have you gone over the £5
    Brick Owl Commission
    Brick Owl charges a 2.5% commission on the order total for orders placed in your store. The order total used for calculation is the order total minus shipping minus taxes.
    The commission is due at the start of the month for the orders placed in the previous month. You will only be billed if the amount is over £5 in your local currency.
    There are no fees for having a store or listing items in your store.
    There are no fees for customers.

Handling / Packing / Lot Fees
    Brick Owl does not permit any kind of added charges. The final price for an order on brickowl is the item prices + the shipping/handling cost and nothing else. The shipping price is usually the cost of shipping plus the cost of packaging and handling plus any extra to cover fees or account for small orders.
  • Yeah, your fee is for selling, not ordering.
  • BO does not charge feels for buying. At all. I can only assume you SOLD something...?
  • edited September 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This link (containing the text quoted by spendloa) is on the terms & conditions page that is presented to you when you register: https://www.brickowl.com/help/store-fees and https://www.brickowl.com/terms

If I remember correctly you are reminded of it once you want to start selling.

I see you have five feedback messages as a seller, so it is pretty clear that this is seller commission.
  • Am I correct to assume that you only pay the commission if the fee is over £5 in each month? If you sell only small amounts each month and never get over the £5 monthly limit, there is no fee?
  • No. Commission is charged on every sale, but you only need to pay once it's reached at least £5 (or other currency equivalent) on any due date. If your commission is 50p every month, at month 10 you'd be asked to pay £5.