Shipping costs not calculated correctly?

Lately I have seen that items in my store are not calculated right for shipping. Take for instance item 26871. According to BO shipping would be as a parcel (€ 6.95) but it fits in my letter option (€ 1.33), dimensions wise and weight. Can someone look at this? I also get a lot of quote requests for instructions while I've covered all dimensions and weights in my shipping methods. I'm confused. What I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The database doesn't have dimensions for that item, and the shipping calculator usually over-estimates. You can edit the item and enter the correct dimensions if you like.
  • Thanks. I entered dimensions for this item. I suppose the other 2 sellers who have this item for sale entered the dimensions in their own inventory but not in the BO inventory (which actually is a shame!).
  • If you take a look at your store dashboard there will be a link there to any items missing data. There isn't a way to enter dimensions for your own inventory so likely the other sellers just have different shipping methods.
  • As for the instruction quotes, perhaps people don't realise how heavy they can be, and request a quote just to be sure?
    (As for me, I am lazy, I stopped selling instructions completely. I dump them on a second hand site, for me it's a more effective way.)