How to delete minifig parts from set and create the minifig from those parts?

Can't seem to figure out how to do this. It appears that create item is for just parts not in the catalog not parts with sub parts.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You create minifigs from the set inventory page. In the light grey box above the inventory, there should be a link that says 'create missing minifigures'. That starts the process. Any pieces you add to a minifig will be subsequently deleted from the set inventory automatically, but it can take a few days.
  • ^Right, so in order to create a minifigure, first I have to add the parts to the set, wait for the approval of the set's inventory change, then go back and create the minifigure from the parts in the set. Is this correct? There is no other way to create a minifigure? I'm assuming this is because we want all the minifigs to be linked to their proper set inventories and not just floating around out there...but it would be nice to be able to name a minifigure and add it to its set, then in a parallel process create the inventory for that minifgure...
  • The only time you should need to add parts to a set first is if a minifigure has been wrongly created (I can reverse that and put them back) or for certain promo sets that are recent and have no inventory
  • > @Oldfan said:
    > ^Right, so in order to create a minifigure, first I have to add the parts to the set, wait for the approval of the set's inventory change, then go back and create the minifigure from the parts in the set. Is this correct? There is no other way to create a minifigure? I'm assuming this is because we want all the minifigs to be linked to their proper set inventories and not just floating around out there...but it would be nice to be able to name a minifigure and add it to its set, then in a parallel process create the inventory for that minifgure...

I believe that's correct, which for old sets is a bit annoying, but most modern/new sets do come with 99% of the inventory already populated so the minifig bits should be there.

Note that some minifigs do exist in the BO database that are orphaned from their sets. In such cases you need only attach the minifig to the set's inventory. Assuming you can correctly identify the correct pairing.
  • > @Hoddie said:
    > Note that some minifigs do exist in the BO database that are orphaned from their sets. In such cases you need only attach the minifig to the set's inventory. Assuming you can correctly identify the correct pairing.

Yes, for the older sets that I'm inventorying, the minifigures are in BO already and are just waiting to be linked to the sets (as someone once pointed out in the forums, everything from 2013 and older should already be here?). I've found that many of these just have generic names (i.e. "town minifigure") and you have to do a visual search through the listings using headgear, torsos, etc. to narrow the search, but so far anything older than 2013 I've been able to find all the minifigs I'm looking for. I try to submit renaming requests for these when I find them.
  • I think that's a consequence of BO pulling all the minifigs from Brickset. I try and find a store on BL selling the fig that also sells here, often they've found it here but haven't linked it to the inventory.
  • @Hoddie, I use that trick too, lol.