Analytics

A great start Lawrence. Interesting to see that Steel Ball (99948) accounts for 5% of my lifetime's sales value. I guess I was lucky when I was handed a stash of these back when they were still rare - now very common via the Lego Education brand. Interesting to see I've sold many more Green Plant Stalks (3741) than I would ever have guessed.

Looking forward to seeing what else you can add to this page :)

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Lawrence does it again, absolutely superb sir, no sooner had it been mentioned we now have a new tab and more things to peruse.. many thanks
  • Wow! Cool! I did not see that coming. Respect! Too bad I don't quite have a large sales volume here, I wish I did. Then these stats would be the best thing. Plates and minifig parts are definitely having it in my store :D
  • Just AWESOME!!!! Percentages would be nice or a total to get an idea of percentages. Would also need comparison to numbers in stock in some categories, but for first shot amazing!

Thanks!
  • This is awesome. Thanks so much Lawrence!
  • Thank you all for your kind words. I've added an order analytics page too, I still intend to add some totals to the bottom of the tables when I have another free moment.
  • Great, thanks Lawrence.
    Makes for some interesting viewing.
  • ::jumping up and down for joy:: This automates a giant spreadsheet I have been working on for myself, even cracking the THEME code!! Thank you thank you thank you Lawrence!!

You are the absolute best. We ADORE YOU!!!!!!!!
  • This is really cool. I'm a stats junkie of sorts, and I just realized what I'm doing for the rest of the evening. :). THANK YOU!
  • Thanks - gives a brilliant insight. Would you be able to add an additional column to the 'Bestselling Items' Analytics tables to show the current stock level? We could then see at a glance which of our best selling lines we are short on.
  • That is pretty cool. 1x2 black plate by a huge lead for me....

LEGO Black Plate 1 x 2 (3023) Black Plate 1 x 2 (3023) Quantity 35993 Times Sold 424
  • It would be nice to see average order size (in terms of items, lots and/or money) evolution per month. That way you can see what effect your store management has not only on what you earn but also on whether orders get bigger/smaller and easier/harder to pick.

But what would be most awesome to me - though I don't expect it to be possible - is to see a ranking of not just items sold but of items that were the first to be put into a cart. That would be a huge eye-opener in terms of what draws customers. But that would probably require a bit of extra infrastructure to be recorded.
  • Like this feature a lot, great stuff :D
  • wow, this is great thank your for your hard work !
  • Thanks for adding the additional column to the 'Bestselling Items' Analytics table to show the current stock level - very useful.
  • Lawrence, This data analysis that you are providing is beyond great. Thanks!

I don't know if this is available to you. When you show the orders by payment type (e.g., PayPal, Stipe), can you also break out the fee associated with each order? The fees for BO and the affiliates would also be ideal, but they are much easier to deal with than the payment processor fees.

Thanks again.
  • edited September 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    One question on the stock levels on bestselling items broken down to the category/subcategory. (Again, this is GREAT!) It looks like the stock level is showing total inventory rather than just the ones that are 'For Sale Only'. That is, the items off the market (in the stockroom) seem to be shown also. Well, both of these are interesting numbers, but the total is not very helpful. Maybe there is a switch where you can choose to show one or the other that I am missing.
  • @pmitch the "For Sale" issue should now be fixed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately showing the payment fee information would be a bit too complicated.
  • Thanks! I continue to be impressed.