Adding two payment methods of the same type

It would be good if payment types were lot removed from the pull-down list once a payment method based on them has been created. I would like to enable PayPal and again PayPal only for Dutch buyers if the order is under a certain value. Or is there a workaround? There's PP business and PP personal to pick from the list, but I assume I need both..

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Also, I would really like for iDeal to be added as a payment method. I don't know how large the Dutch community is on here, but they would surely all thank you for it :) And it would eliminate alot of non-payments.
  • You could potentially use Paypal for micro payments as thats just a renamed Paypal business. Although I would be careful with putting payment limits on payment method as this can lead to customer disappointment if the customer reaches checkout and finds that a payment method shown on the storefront isn't available.

With regards to iDeal, if you add that as a separate suggestion other members can comment/vote on that
  • Thanks! Good point about potential disappointment, perhaps an idea to have payment methods with a max threshold flagged somehow in the interface. Anyway, in this case it won't be a problem, as all Dutch buyers will be OK with bank transfer, especially if the order isn't tiny. I'll create a suggestion for iDeal, thanks in advance for considering.
This discussion has been closed.