Mouse finding lots of things he wants

This site is the second that I have ordered goods from online (the first being Lego's official store, which I did the first time only a couple weeks ago). For about a year I've had a debit card for the first time in my life, and only used it to pay my bills and nothing else but two weeks ago I bought a bunch of minifigure parts and stuff from Lego's website. I've been staying well ahead on my bills and have quite respectable savings, so I decided it was time I filled out more minifigures for my fantasy world (since I only took SOME with me when I moved out of my parents' house and it's not quite been a year that I've been living in my own apartment and had space to set aside for the joy of building again).

Was quite pleasantly surprised to find such good deals at certain stores. BIG B BRICKS had almost every part I wanted to build my sig fig, GREAT BRICK LAB had most of the Castle minifig torsos I'd wanted for the longest time and a couple nice shields, and BUG AND BEAR WORKSHOP had amazingly low prices on a few hard to find pieces I wanted. My only regret there is I added certain minifigures to my wishlist after I'd already placed my order so I didn't know they had so much more stuff I wanted or I'd have easily spent more there - maybe in another couple weeks after all these other orders I've placed start arriving and I get everything sorted out again.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have great shops, I'm just giving shoutouts to those I've placed orders from which really stood out in terms of their inventory and prices for my purposes. I'll have to keep poking around.

I'm an almost "pure" Castle player right now, sometimes using generic-enough space/underwater/town figure outfits but not much of one for guns or vehicles (and I kinda hate builds that physically fire projectiles). Not really "pure" Castle though since I've got ninjas, samurai, pirates, and the like mixed in alongside the knights and wizards.

My sig fig is going to be based on my fursona (a gray talking mouse with bat wings) but the best head I can find for that is an undecorated medium stone gray wolf head from Chima. Works better than a Splinter or Mickey Mouse would - if I could afford to get one of those Mouse Guard customs I'd be all over it. And the closest tail I can get is the one for Rocket Raccoon and Wolf Guy, but that's dark stone gray while the rest of me is light stone gray. A white or some sort of light blue (I don't have the names of all the specific shades memorized) would actually be preferable for my tail and hands if I could get that. Well, white hands aren't exactly hard.

As a kid I always used 2x2 corner plates to represent boomerangs. Ever since the first Batman set with Captain Boomerang came out I wanted to get an official Lego boomerang, until this past weekend when I realized I'd actually rather use a 2x2 corner TILE so there are no studs to get in the way - better version of my childhood jury-rig and it comes in a couple more boomerang-like colors instead of only white, blue, and purple. My favorite weapons other than the boomerang are any axe with a double blade (Vikings axe with two heads clipped on the handle, Heroica axe, whatever), and the classic shortsword and triangular shield introduced in the earliest Castle sets.

Wolfpack were my favorite faction, followed by Crusaders. I never saw an original Forestman until after a the collectible minifigures came out, but they'd have been a respectable third place if I had them back in the pre-Fright Knights era. I got a couple of second-hand Dark Forest figures, heavily damaged torsos and missing hats making that almost pointless. One guy was missing a quarter of his backside and could only hold one arm in, so there was no archery for him LOL. I also missed out on the wizards of the Dragon Masters but I at least knew they existed - my first wizard hat happened to come from Time Twisters of all places and my second from Willa the Witch of Fright Knights.

I am an absolute yellow skin purist. In my world, yellow skin represents humans and things sufficiently like humans that they'd might as well be like elves, dwarves, and the like. Brown is for training dummies, furry animals, and monsters made of wood/mud/stone. White is for the living dead. Reds, greens, blues, and black are all acceptable, but obviously nonhuman (I especially like goblins and trolls to be green). Peach is an unworldly abomination that I am glad to have left behind - hopefully forever.

My favorite minifigure face is the classic smiley introduced back in 1978 and my favorite hairs are parts 3901 and 4530. There's far too much variety of good minifigure torso and leg combinations for me to truly have a favorite, but I prefer the classic color palette (red, green, blue, yellow, black, white, two shades of gray, and brown) for the majority of the parts; having _some_ parts in the more modern palette is nice for variety's sake and I've come to accept stone grays replacing the regular grays.

I love wizards, fairies, and anthropomorphic animals a great amount. And it's hard to go wrong with knights, dragons, unicorns, and the whole litany of mythic beasts like cyclopes and fauns.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Mousey, welcome to BO!!! It was super-nice of you to give shout-outs to the stores you've had good dealings with, that was very cool! :)>-

Thank you for sharing your interests with all of us at large... if I had more time just now (lunch break at work), I'd share too! Hopefully later.

You'll enjoy this site - I have never had anything but exemplary dealings on here in the forums and with my peer sellers. A very friendly and nice place to hang out (with a wonderful system administrator, to boot!)!

And I agree... you can never go wrong with a dragon!
  • It's only been a couple days since I placed my orders, and four of the five arrived today. This includes my sig fig (I was afraid gargoyle wings and wolf guy tail might not be able to fit together, but they do!).