Rebrickable fees question?

When an order comes from Rebrickable, how are fees calculated? For instance say a rebrickable user adds parts to his cart in my store and then, while he has my store on the screen adds parts using BrickOwl. Will I get charged Rebrickable fees on the whole order or just the parts that were added by Rebrickable?

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The whole order I believe as it is a referral fee. They found your store using rebrickable. I am still not sure though if I get a bill or if those dues are added to Brick Owl fees. So far I am not sure.
  • I think I remember reading that all fees, be they Rebrickable or Brick Owl, are paid to Brick Owl in one sum to keep it simple for sellers.
  • As mentioned above, the fee will be charged on the whole order. This will also happen if a customer clicks on a different store through rebrickable, and then looks around the site, and orders from your store instead. This will not happen to stores who do not have it enabled though. It's treated as a referral, as in, conceptually the sale only happened because of rebrickable.
  • Hi Admin, so does this mean that someone can get "sent" to the site via rebrickable (via a store that supports referral fees) then finds a store that doesn't and makes an order.... so does rebrickable still get a referral fee? if so does the site (owl) have to cover it? If that is not the case then the store still got the order because of rebrickable but they don't get a fee?
    thanks for clarifying
    Robert
  • Another clarification please.

When does the cycle end? One order and then the referral fees stop for that buyer's purchases, or something else?

Joe
  • Another one:

When do we need to pay and how?
  • edited October 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The cookie lasts seven days, any order the customer makes in that time will be attributed to Rebrickable. You will be notified when and how to pay when you need to pay.
  • edited October 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Nice.

That sounds very reasonable to me, thanks again for making it possible.

• Sorry but I'm still unclear. If store A has a rebrickable fee agreement and buyer B is directed to the Owl via there but then buys from store C (which may not have agreed to pay a fee to rebrickable) does rebrickable get a fee and if so, who pays it?
    Robert
  • Thanks Lawrence, got it now!