checkout error

I have a customer who is trying to checkout but gets the error below. I’ve had loads of orders no problems at all, can anyone suggest what the issue may be. I'm a UK store and customer is also UK. All weights and amounts are well within my shipping methods. Many thanks for any help as I'm scratching my head.

Stu

Unfortunately this store does not have any available shipping methods set up that apply to your order. You may want to try contacting them.

Your order weight is 175.38g, the subtotal is £17.45 and the shipping country is United Kingdom

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've had this happen to me once and I was advised to turn on 'Request a quote' (if you don't already have it activated). I couldn't see what would cause the issue as I too was in the UK and the customer likewise, and none of the parts had missing weights/dimensions so should have calculated automatically. Once you've turned on Request a Quote ask the customer to do this and then submit what you believe to be the correct shipping. This should allow them to proceed. Only ever happened once and I think I left RAQ turned on as it should only be available if, like this situation, the auto calculation doesn't work as it should. Fingers crossed!
    Regards
    James
  • Hi James, many thanks for your reply. I have request a quote on and do occassionally get buyers from the USA ask for a quote so I know that side is working, may suggest this though to my buyer. It's a real mystery.
  • Is the quote method limited by country? This message means there are no shipping methods available, so whatever methods you have, will have various limits or restrictions that make them unavailable for this customer.
  • Have just found my forum post when I had this problem (back in May of last year) and apparently there is a setting on RAQ to show only when no other method (I assume this means your auto checkout methods) is available. My customer was able to finally order, albeit with a few pieces less as they had been nabbed by other customers in the meantime, so you should hopefully have a similar result. Never got an explanation as to why it happened, but as I said it's not happened since so maybe it's destined to remain a mystery!
  • Yes, I've just checked and my request a quote is on for most countries but not the UK, just quickly enablled that for UK too (always assumed UK would never be an issue doh). I'll get him to try that. I asked if there was anything odd in the order and he said just normal parts nothing out the ordinary. Thanks for all pointers, appreciate it.
  • And a happy ending. Lovely customer sent quote request, I sent quote and order paid and now shipped. As a side note I recomend everyone turning request a quote on for when there are no shipping methods available. May save losing an order and more importantly a customer. Thanks guys.
  • Also a commment from my side with my experience. I had the same issue with a customer that it was not possible to check-out because of no available shipping method.
    He send me a screenshot of the parts list in his basket and I found out that one part had missing dimensions. I have updated the dimensions - and it was possible to check-out.
    I guess this is a programm restriction to protect the sellers by generated to cheap shipping fee for the orders with parts with missing information.
  • Well this is kind of what I found, there was a battery box with missing dimensions. But that's never normally an issue, the system normally just pushes the order to the next shipping level which is perfect. It's always worked fine but this particular order just seemed a problem. I've learnt from it though by adding more shipping options (especially overseas) and ensuring request a quote is on for the areas I am happy to ship to, this way the customer can either check out or at least send their basket through so I can quote on.
  • Just to clarify, items with missing dimensions don’t prevent the shipping from working, but if all your shipping methods have dimension limits, the systems assumed dimensions of the part may be larger than all your methods. It’s always a good idea to have quote enable as a fallback, but you can choose an option for it to only be shown if no other method is available.
  • Hi AFOL's

I have a problem with shipping which hopefully some of y'all can help resolve PLEASE

I have Royal Mail allsorts, from 1st class to package, (enabled, disabled, numerous times)
    I also have Hermes

I cannot however, get any of them to work apart from Hermes, which as you know is a bit much for sending 4 tyres....

I have done...........

Reinstalled all the forms of shipping
    enabled and disabled Request a Quote each time
    copied the shared routes from others
    copied direct from Royal Mail's own website

But to no avail
    PLEASE HELP!!

Harry
    Store. Fee's Brix

P.S WTF is..
    { "Code": 403, "Exception": "You need the Garden.Community.Manage permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }