When did the API output format change?

I noticed that the format of the API output for order contents has changed - in particular, the order of the parameters seem to have shifted. Unfortunately, I noticed this after it had already caused a bit of a mess in my inventory. When was this format altered? I need to know, so I can un-synchronise those orders and re-sync them after my software is updated with the new format.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We're not seeing any issues and BrickSync is running fine. It sounds like you may have "hard coded" something to access the output string. If you use a JSON --> array function, then you can reference elements by name and it doesn't matter what order they appear in the string (as long as the nesting doesn't change).
  • > @Dadsafol said:
    > We're not seeing any issues and BrickSync is running fine. It sounds like you may have "hard coded" something to access the output string. If you use a JSON --> array function, then you can reference elements by name and it doesn't matter what order they appear in the string (as long as the nesting doesn't change).

Yeah, you're right, it wasn't very robust programming in that sense, but there was no reason to assume they would change around so it seemed sufficient to do the trick. Seems like it's a pretty recent change and luckily I didn't have major orders. Still would like to know the date of the change, so I can verify more accurately that my inventory is sound now.
  • I greatly apologise for the inconvenience caused, we hadn't considered that users may have the fields indexed numerically. The change was made on 10/05/2018 at approximately 12:00 UTC (mid day).
  • edited May 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    > @Lawrence said:
    > I greatly apologise for the inconvenience caused, we hadn't considered that users may have the fields indexed numerically. The change was made on 10/05/2018 at approximately 12:00 UTC (mid day).

Thank you, much appreciated. It's sloppy programming on my end anyway :) If possible I would appreciate if the order of the important entries remains the same. Exact index numbers doesn't matter for me. My code just eats chunks out of the data in a specific sequence :)