USPS rant

I needed a specific piece for a build, so I added it to an open cart and made the order which was shipped out on the 25th First Class. By the 29th it had a status of "The item is currently in transit to the next facility as of April 29, 2018." and it has stayed there since then, no change. So just in case the beginning of this week I put the same part in another cart at another store I've bought from before and chose priority mail, figuring a 3-day guaranteed shipping would help me avoid problems. Nope, 3 days later it's "Your item arrived at our LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on May 4, 2018 at 4:46 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination." and... nothing.

I'm just trying to get ONE very specific part early enough to work into my build to take photos by a certain time and neither is able to get in my hands at a reasonable time. Now I need to check the remaining stores that have the part and see if I can talk to the owners if they can FedEx something to me. I seriously hate the US Post Office right now.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Where are you located? Maybe you could find a store close to you that has local pickup?
    Alternately, contact your local LEGO users group to see if you can trade or borrow temporarily in order to get your photos done.
    Good luck!
    Dawn
    Pretty_Pieces
  • Nothing is close to me with the part I need. That being said, I only know the addresses of the stores I've ordered from - this site has no way that I'm aware of to see the store location by address unless they have shipped to me before or if they place that info on their splash page.
  • Jayb, I'm in the San Diego area if that's close to you and if my store has the part you need.
  • Actually @Calibrick you do have exactly 1 of the exact part I need:

https://calibrick.brickowl.com/store/lego-arch-1-x-6-x-1-with-edge-62361-63970#22120991

Can you put it aside for me and if I still have a problem receiving at least 1 of the orders I made by Monday, I'll make an order with other items through your store. I'm not near San Diego but I figure if I have to get a shipment from SD to LA there will be fewer delivery issues. If my packages make it & I get the part from 1 of the 2 other store orders then I'll let you know all is good. Thanks.
  • Roger that, Jayb, happy to help, it's formally reserved for you - when I hear you're good to go, I'll cancel the reservation. :-)
  • I received one of the packages today, so all is good @Calibrick . I can finally finish my build.
  • That's great news, JayB, I am so happy for you! I'll take the item off reserved.
    I hope your build goes awesome!!
  • Here is the build (completed) that was dependent on the piece:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickblvd/42050497022/
  • Thanks for sharing! I love the different tree builds in the park.
  • Jay, "Sandy Greens" is BEAUTIFUL! You should submit it to the LEGO Ideas site (I'd totally buy it!). The curves on top and Sand Green really do give it that art deco feel - well done!
  • Thanks, I submitted to another contest in the meantime. I'll have to re-check Ideas rules to see if that disqualifies it but nonetheless I recently have been reviewing legal terms to the LEGO Ideas site and it's really very restricting - basically regardless of anything, LEGO has your build 100% locked into them for 3 years, you even need permission to take it off the site - even if it fails to get votes and is not accepted by them for a project. The terms are for them to have complete and total ownership of designs as soon as they are uploaded. I don't think such highly restrictive Danish terms would legally carry outside Denmark, but nonetheless they are really concerning. They even disallow selling or giving away build instructions without their consent once a project is uploaded to he Ideas site. They run their Rebrick contests similarly but it seems like the more restrictive rules only apply once someone needs to return an affidavit in order to accept their winnings.