Exactly how do i add an item to Brick owl?

Basically just how do i add an item? I know the item does exist as they are on Brick link cat. Also I have heads which are showing on B O but they are described as safety stud but mine are recessed solid stud. Any help please?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • For adding an item, if you're sure it's not on BO somewhere, this is how I do it (since the search can be a bit challenging for some parts):

1. To be sure it's not on BO, if it's a stickered part, I first go to the unstickered version (plain part) and ensure there's not one listed there (see "Stickered" tab). I've found a lot of stickered items this way.
    2. To be super sure it's not on BO, I go to the set it comes from and look at the set inventory - I have found a lot of items I thought weren't here this way.
    3. Once I'm sure it's not here, I then click on Edit Catalog (bottom of any screen), then Create Item, and follow the prompts. I know it's VERY helpful to put the Set No. the part comes from in the comments so admins can more easily validate the part is legit (and to help them verify it's not elsewhere in the catalog). Also add the BL ID in the ID fields, that helps for validation also.

You'll get an email upon acceptance (so you can then update the part's weight, dimensions, theme, etc., and link it to a set - if you're not linking it directly to the set it came from (I think it's polite to when I'm the one adding it to the catalog), it helps people looking to buy it to at least put the set number(s) in as tags.

I can't answer your question on safety vs. recessed stud... I came from BL originally and then moved over here in full, so I'm not 100% up on the terms used here. The terms here more closely follow The LEGO Group, which is great!
  • Sometimes a head will be available in both safety stud (open, usually with a 'grille') and recessed solid stud and are often linked as such on the catalogue entry. I know some stores aren't too bothered about mold variations, but it might be that a collector is after a specific type, so personally I think it's worth seeking out the correct entry.
  • Thanks Jay 37 thats really helpful - will follow your guidance :-c
  • @WESTIEKATH You can create the alternate versions of heads from within the existing ones, just open the edit form of the existing head (parent, not the colored version) and you'll have a button to create them, it will automaticly copy the name and add the moldvariation for the unknown version.
  • > @robernat said:
    > @WESTIEKATH You can create the alternate versions of heads from within the existing ones, just open the edit form of the existing head (parent, not the colored version) and you'll have a button to create them, it will automaticly copy the name and add the moldvariation for the unknown version.

Thanks for your advice again !!! :-*
  • Have submitted it for approval but not sure if ive filled in form properly - wait for reply i think