Hello and shipping questions

Hello everyone,

I’m pretty new to this, I’ve been selling on Ebay but become very disillusioned by the huge fees.

I found Brick Owl by accident but the site looks like it’s what I need.

I get my stock from a very well known national store, it’s all new and sealed.

When setting up my store, I’m struggling with how to add postage costs(different sets equal different cost) so I’ve asked buyers to contact me to get postage costs individually - is this the right thing to do or can someone point me in the right direction?

The other thing is I’m showing UK sales only, I’ll happily sell further afield but can’t seem to set it up correctly - again any advice would be great.

I’m still getting the hang of things but will be adding to my store 2-3 times per week.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Cheers

Mick

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello Mick,
    Welcome to Brick Owl! Hope you have fun here. In your store settings there is a tab for shipping methods - I believe request a quote is enabled by default until you add more of your own. This can be done either by selecting shared shipping methods (i.e. ones already set up by other stores) or by adding your own. Looking at your stock I would assume that Royal Mail Small Parcel will be your basic method, and you can have a variety of methods based on weight. When you add a shipping method there are drop down menus where you can specify which countries are served by that method. For example you might set up an International Standard Parcel rate, and sub-divide it by weight and destinations (Europe, World Zone 1, World Zone 2). Luckily these are pre-selected in the drop down menus. As someone who has previously sold elsewhere I'm guessing you already have a handle on Royal Mail rates and just need to translate them into Brick Owl. My recommendation is to make a cuppa, take your time over the first one, and then add the others!

I'm sure there are others out there who can assist (or correct if I'm not clear!), so just ask or check previous forum posts as you'll often find similar topics cropping up.

Hope this helps

James
  • I know I learned how the best way to setup my shipping information and other items was simply to search this forum - I've learned that pretty much every question I could think of has already been asked and answered, which is great - saves me time asking! :-)

With that said, there are totally awesome people here that will answer your questions, too (like James, above)! :-)