Minimum order value includes shipping?

Does the minimum order value setting include the shipping cost? Only asking as I have a $1 min value set, but received an order with 1 tem costing $0.94, but shipping took it over the threshold.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • update: I now see that on my storefront it says min buy is $0.94, yet in my settings it says $1.00. Currency is set to US Dollars. I would post screenshots, but as far as I can tell I cant post pics.

I hadn't noticed this before, and haven't had any other low value orders before today, so not sure if its a site issue or something I have done, though I don't remember changing any settings recently.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • @vegitt
    2 posibilities
    Do you have a VAT setting? & Was the order 'international'? Then it's normal...
    Did the order include something that was on discount? The system will look at the original price, not the discount price. Example: looks like you're having a discount running on Wheels and Tires, so did the order include something like that?
  • Third option: did your buyer use a coupon ?
  • I have sales tax for the state of Michigan, but the order was from out of state. It was not for wheels or tires an no coupon was used.

So the minimum buy takes into account sales tax regardless of buyer location? Another thing to add to the 'unique features' list of BO.
  • It sounds like you may have the tax settings setup incorrectly, I would specifically take a look at the large drop down at the top of the tax profile. I hope that helps.
  • thanks Lawrence, that fixed it, though I'm sure I changed that once before. Oh well, sorted now.