Requesting again

Could you please consider installing a system to notify the community when an event has been submitted, pending approval.

By this I mean, for example, new mini figure has been created by a user or an image has been submitted but have yet to be approved.

No one wants to waste time submitting an entry that has already been done. I notice more and more sets missing mini figures, and images thereof, and believe this maybe the reason, at least it is for me.

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Unless there is an issue, minifigures are usually approved and inserted into the set within 24 hours so I wouldn’t worry about duplicating work. Minifigures being submitted by multiple users only happens every few months or so.

I hope that helps
  • @Lawrence Wouldn't it be an option to 'pre' insert a pending minifigure into inventories of sets (with a tag saying 'pending') soon a submittor submits one? Not only others would see a fig has been submitted, at the same time other submittors can check if the composition of the fig seems correct and send a warning if they notice a discrepancy.

@graham A lot of minifigures in lines that are less popular are missing indeed, I don't think you should wait on submitting any, it's better to have 2 submittances in stead of none at all ;-)
  • @Lawrence Without much knowledge of web development, perhaps it is just too difficult to add this functionality?

@robernat it’s not so bad on parting mfs together, however a decent picture requires set up, lighting, shooting and editing, which takes at least 15 minutes per figure
  • @graham Submitting a minifig in catalog is one thing (the system makes a composite picture of the subparts). Submitting an image of the fig is indeed another thing, that's your own judgement when it comes down to quality, but it's better to make a quick and not so perfect picture then none at all ;-)
    I built a light case for pictures (just placed it in a corner of my office), but I'm currently not using it as the lightning ain't good enough (gives a pinkish result), once my upstairs room is a bit more sorted out (getting there) I'll probably buy a decent setup for it...