Collectible Minifigs Series 18 - policeman

Anyone want to place bets on what max prices for a policeman from the new series will sell for? (Only one distributed per case of 60) - so definitely not as exclusive as Mr. Gold but still going to be oversubscribed by those wanting a complete set.
Miffy.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Do we get a policeman if we get the price correct?
  • My guess is around €20 or so, at least in the beginning and in a couple of years.

Although I doubt if that many want to pay the premium for a complete set, sadly enough he's not that special in appearance.
  • > @leopard37 said:
    > Do we get a policeman if we get the price correct?
    >

He'll come knocking on your door...!
  • > @BrickGenie said:
    > My guess is around €20 or so, at least in the beginning and in a couple of years.
    >
    > Although I doubt if that many want to pay the premium for a complete set, sadly enough he's not that special in appearance.

Not that special in appearance but the significance is there. All these things become collectible for one reason or another and limiting the quantity only makes them more desirable to some people.
    Anyway, I think you may be right with the 20 euros - I pegged it a little higher at about CAD$50 initially, but I think I may be overestimating.
    Thanks!
  • Have seen some selling on eBay for £25 - £30 some listed at £50
  • I'm quite skeptical about LEGO's self-proclaimed significant collectibles. I've invested in such things in the past and it never turned out to really pick up any value. Still, there's only 1 per box, so that bars sellers from really stacking up on them. So €20 sounds reasonable, but not much more.
  • Aparently not all cases of 60 will have one, so that makes it interesting.
  • They won't? So he's more like Mr. Gold, just less exclusive. Still doubt he's going to be that popular though. Having a Mr. Gold on your desk is a nice eye catcher, a classic policeman is just a classic policeman. You would get the exact same look by putting a used one on your desk.
  • > @Pippyblocks said:
    > Aparently not all cases of 60 will have one, so that makes it interesting.

Oh! Where did you hear that?
  • "Someone" got a box and asked S@H why they didn't get one (from other site). Sales rep said they aren't in every box. But I wouldn't count that information as confirmed.
  • > @leopard37 said:
    > "Someone" got a box and asked S@H why they didn't get one (from other site). Sales rep said they aren't in every box. But I wouldn't count that information as confirmed.

Ah, okay. Do we know how many Policemen were made? I'm guessing that info is kept secret by LEGO?