What does this mean?

LEGO Tan Arch 1 x 6 x 2 Medium Thickness Top (15254)

What does “Medium Thickness Top” mean? And what is the difference between non “medium thickness” apparently I have some but I cannot see any difference from the others “without re-enforced underside”

Thanks G

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • the height of the plastic in the middle of the bow is different: 4 mm for the thick reinforced 3307, 3.25 mm for the medium thickness 15254 and 2.5 mm for the thin top 12939
  • Ok thanks. According to my inventory I have both “types” however they all look the same. Never would have thought I would need a micrometer!
  • If you have both types you can put them on top of each other to see the difference. It's small but noticeable :-)
  • Wow, now identifying re-inforced and non re-inforced or raised/non raised is one thing, starting to differenciate thickness of the top of an arch is another thing IMHO. Now I'm a 'tuner' myself, but this is 'over the top' of things. If BO starts adding those kind of differences, then the action I will take is to simply start 'not syncing' arches of this type, for the simple reason that as a seller (with only 2 types on BL) I do not wanna see myself put in the situation that a buyer 'complains' because of the wrong 'thickness' of the top of an arch. I hope @Lawrence reconsiders and kicks out this new difference, if not, personally I'll kick them out for myself (= no sync towards BO).
  • @robernat:IMO they should sync correctly from BL, as BL has the 3 different versions: part n° 3370, 15254 and 12939, and a remark under 3370 mentions the 2 others.
  • @Aladine *sigh* my bad, I completely misinterpreted the 'note' on BL and figured it was 'informational', resorting several 'arch heights' under one entry (the bottom part with the 2 other alternates wasn't on my screen, I had to scroll down). Well then, guess I'll have some extra sorting to do LOL
    And sidenote: eternal problem on BL: adding new 'molds' without the slightest form of communication about the 'previous' entries towards sellers to warn them - which could be improved here on BO as well IMO - it seems this was done over a year ago, dunno how many I sorted since then, but dozens :-(
    I'm getting to old for this shhhh
  • I agree a notification of current stock holder on part differentiation would be very nice.

Tyson.
  • Ah, I believe there’s a notification if a non-variation part becomes a variation part, but not if a variation part becomes an “even more variation” part. Variations are a constant source of inconvienice.
  • Part no: 15254 has part no: 15254 moulded under the arch
    Part no: 12939 has part no: 12939 moulded under the arch
  • Wouldn't it be better to have a single entry for each part, and then a separate field to indicate the variation? So the variant would be an attribute like colour. If it is blank it could be any. If the specific mould is known, fill in the field.

This would help with want lists too - buyers could add the part either blank as "any variant" or a specific variant.