Get back to BrickSync command prompt

Hi all,

I'm running BrickSync on an Ubuntu server and while I was updating my inventory on BL (blmastermode on) I lost my ssh connection and couldn't reattach to the screen it was running in.
I cannot restart BrickSync as it is still running in the background and I don't want to kill the process as I fear that I will loose the inventory updates I made when BrickSyns restarts and does a sync.
Is there any way I can get back to the BrickSync command prompt or at least get it to turn blmastermode off, so it can process the inventory updates?

Cheers,
Dennis

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • OK, Problem solved.

Seems I was using the screen command incorrectly, I could now reattach to the original BrickSync-Screen...

Cheers,
    Dennis
  • we start brick sync inside a tmux session, so we can attach/detach from the active window from multiple computers as needed and never have to worry about the job getting interrupted. if you aren't familiar with it, check into tmux.
  • You can kill BrickSync and restart it at any moment. You will never lose anything, it's designed to survive power failures.
  • > @Dadsafol said:
    > we start brick sync inside a tmux session, so we can attach/detach from the active window from
    > multiple computers as needed and never have to worry about the job getting interrupted. if you
    > aren't familiar with it, check into tmux.

Thank, I will look into it as I was already wondering how I could switch the screens from tablet to desktop for example.
  • > @Stragus said:
    > You can kill BrickSync and restart it at any moment. You will never lose anything, it's designed to survive power failures.

Thanks for the info, that's comforting to know :-)