General delay in getting new items approved?

Hey Brick Owl Team,
on 15-Feb-2018 I have submissioned a new stickered item which belongs to set 70614. I was wondering if the Catalogue Admins have a lot of work which results in this delay? Or maybe there's a problem with this part and you cannot see it?
As soon as this part is approved I can complete the inventory for set 70614.

Thank you for your explanation.
Regards,
Oliver.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Our apologies, the item didn't show up in our system as it appears to be a duplicate of an existing item, we have now dealt with this item.
  • That's funny - when I have made the submission for all stickered parts for that set I have double-checked at the end again my submissions. But I couldn't see this 4x16 wedge. The one you've sent to me by email is the right one, but the description is corrupt. I will fix this now and add the picture.
    In the past I have also not received an email that it was added to the catalogue - therefor I thought I have just missed it. I have checked my emails now again, but all other stickered parts are there, but not that one. Very mistery.

Anyhow, good that this part is now in and I can complete my work.
    Thank you for your efforts,
    Oliver.
  • I don't think the administrators email when an item is accepted... only when it is rejected (along with rationale) - at least, that has been my experience. Which to be honest, I really like... I've been trying to make a lot of catalog updates lately in preparation for opening, and the email barrage would be a bit much. ;-)
  • Sorry, I have to contradict. I receive always an email from the system when my part was approved. The subject is "Catalog Item Approved" and the content looks like this including a link to the new part:

OliS,

Your item submission request has now been approved, please edit the item to add any extra information such as picture, category, weight or dimensions.

Item: LEGO Wedge 6 x 4 Triple Curved with White 'CAUTION' and Yellow Stripe Model Left Side Sticker - Set 70614
    Your Note: page 96, sticker 5+10

Thankyou for your help in keeping the Brick Owl Catalog up to date.
    Brick Owl

Maybe there's a setting possible to switch off the messages!? :-9
    I like this function to find the parts quickly than searching a long time in the database.
  • If you submit a change to an existing entry (new picture, dimensions, name change, etc) and it is approved you don't receive an email - you only get one if it's been rejected and a reason why. If you submit a creation of new entry you will receive an email with a link to edit it further, or if it already exists a link to the part. I think there is sometimes a little confusion between the two procedures.
  • Yes it seems, that we both talked about two different situations. Your explanation is correct. A new entry is creating an email after submission. A change to an existing part creates only an email if it's rejected.
    Same thinking - different words: language is difficult between people. :-)