Advent calendar subsets

Another opinion thread, what are peoples thoughts on having subsets of advent calendars in the catalog?

Personally I'm thinking I'd prefer not to have them going forward

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've found them handy. If I'm not going to buy the Star Wars set for the year, I'd like a way to be able to purchase just the mini ships from someone else. I could care less about the figs.

I've got a single subset for sale from an older city calendar.

I've also purchased single subsets from other calendars as there are particular aspects of that one micro set that I like, but not others.

How would the advent calendar be complete, if all parts from all 25 days were there?

I think the minifig crowd would lynch you for implementing such things.

I say yes on advent subsets.

Brian
  • Another subset idea is for brick built characters. This was big with Cars sets a while ago but applies more recently to the Ent in Othanc. I'm sure there are other examples.

There is also "cars of a train" and "floors of a modular" for people that like to expand their sets.
  • Ive parted many Star Wars Advents into the subsets over the last couple years and I find they sell quite surprisingly well. Except for the obvious 2-3 dud days out of the calendar. I would like to see them included personally.
  • edited October 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I vote include. Also include for obvious subparts. So for mmv, allow listing of just the blue building, or one train car, or...

Probably handle the same way minifigs are handled -- allow breaking and assembling in the set inventory.

A nuisance to set up, maybe, but better than all the set listings with giant all caps notes that you're only getting the engine/top floor/whatever.
  • This could get crazy quick, especially if larger components span multiple bags or don't have all the minifig parts. I do not have any interest in trying to keep that straight but I guess I also have a choice to not sell that way also. :-D

Brian
  • IMHO, having them is a necessary evil.
  • You have my vote as well. Would be great to be able to sell spare train cars.
  • would have loved to have had the Cars subsets on BL last year. The ability to make groupings like this would be awesome. I hated having to continually click 'Exclude' on set price guides every time because 30 people out of 100 would be selling just this car or just that building. Also, with this functionality, you could standardize exactly what the subset includes in an inventory, so there aren't squabbles later on about whether stickers were included or extra parts or whatever else might be open to interpretation by a customer.
  • On this note I just went looking at the subsets from 75023, the 2013 SW calendar. I'm not so interested in the figs, but do like the micro vehicles. Since they're not listed on this site I can either wait until they are or buy elsewhere. ;-)

I'd rather wait but not too terribly long...

Brian
  • We have them in stock, I just have to get the time to add them...