Hi newbie in need of help please

Hi - I have recently discovered this site and i think its great. Have already placed orders but now i need help in setting up my own store please. Can some one advise how do i set my postage costs and also how do i show i would post abroad. I have tried everything but cant seem to find/understand what to do. Could some please be of help?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi, welcome to Brick Owl! You can set up shipping methods in My Store > Settings > Shipping Methods. It can take a bit of time depending on how many options you want to provide; I have 17, covering 1st & 2nd class, Large letters, small parcels, UK and international in various weight and size categories. I see you're in the UK, so I recommend picking up a postal rates leaflet from the post office and working out which suits you best. When you add a method you have the option (through a drop down menu) to choose where that method ships to. Also be aware of size and weight limitations for packages; it's worth giving yourself a bit of leeway when setting these. Once you've got your head round doing a couple, it should be a bit more straightforward for the rest. Hope this is of some use - shout if you need further help, there are loads of people here who will chip in :-)

James
  • edited February 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi, an easy way to do it could be by choosing a Shared Shipping Method which are made by other user's and Shared to make other people life easier. Since you're from UK you can find 10 shared by me, however you can alter them the way you want but the idea is the work is all ready done.

To get there go to mystore/settings/shipping_methods and select the blue button in top right corner Shared Shipping Methods.
    I was trying to see how if you choose a shipping method and didn't realize you have,Request Quote only so please Ignore my quote.

Hope it helps and Good Luck.
  • Thanks for your help will give it a go :-)
    Ha ha Totenel sent a quote before i read this - so ignore my quote too lol
  • I know this is nothing to do with my first discussion but .......
    Everytime i try to post a question etc i am getting this message
    { "Code": 403, "Exception": "You need the Garden.Community.Manage permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }
    What does this mean please???
  • Welcome Westiekath! That sounds like a bug of some kind, I would email the question to brickowl.com. The site administrator is awesomely responsive! You will enjoy it here - the people are kind, generous, and terrific!! :-)
  • Thanks so much Calibrick - yes I am finding this site greaaat :-)
    There might be a bug will email them and ask. As for me I certainly have got a bug THE Lego BUG - never thought I would enjoy my new hobby so much :))