Past quotes

Hi @Lawrence

The other day someone sent a quote request, I made the calculations needed and quoted it, the buyer added something and requested a quote some days later.

I was going to see my previous quote to add the same amount but I can't find it nowhere here or in mi email.

Why accepted or not quotes don't get saved under "All quotes"?

Thanks

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm afraid there isn't a system for that, the quotes are essentially just the cart, so when the user updates their cart, it wipes out the quote and the previous info isn't stored anywhere. This is certainly something that could be improved.
  • Okay, if you add something like this to the to do list I'm glad.

Thank you!
  • edited February 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Lawrence Had something similar not so long ago and meant to write you about it, but was short of time... In my case the buyer requested a quote for the exact same cart a day or 2 after first request (not sure why, maybe he tought I made a mistake on the quote or was hoping for a better price, beats me).
    But there was no way to check the previous quote request, so I had to open up my shippingtables again to give the same quote (hope I did LOL).
    There is an easy solution (well, I can only assume, I'm not a programmer): besides sending the quote to the buyer only, why not also simply send it to seller as well? Seller can check back the quote in his/her e-mail then. Problem solved for the time being IMHO ;-)
    I think @Stellar and others could certainly agree on a 'short term' solution like that...
  • Sidenote: 'quote notes' become 'seller notes' when a buyer places an order based on a quote, they should become a 'common' note without the option to being able to edit them either side IMHO. Might be usefull to add to the 'to do' list :-)
  • I think an email with the quote being sent back to the seller is a great idea if it can be done. Maybe make it a selectable setting so those who want it can choose to have it and the default can be off like current functionality.