PayPal for Marketplaces

It would appear that the way BO interacts with PayPal is about to be deprecated in favour of a new "PayPal for marketplaces", which provides for the marketplace the option of implement various additional functions. BL have just pushed their intention to move across in April. What plans does BO have for this, and what of those optional functions will be utilised?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited February 2018 Vote Up1Vote Down
    I hadn't seen that before, thank you for bringing that to our attention, we don't currently have plans to make changes to our integration. PayPal integrations they've had for years are precarious enough, I would be very concerned about the reliability of anything recent from them. Would you be able to clarify when you say the way that we interface would be depreciated?
  • Possibly this? https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/ec_integration/

I wouldn't be surprised if BL was conflating this to drive the changes they want. Their first attempt at integrated checkout is not as smooth as it is here.
  • Ah thankyou. Express checkout was our first integration, we use a modern one for "personal" accounts that I forget the name of. We had so many issues with that recent integration on paypals side that come and go over time that we only use it for "personal" accounts and will keep express checkout as long as possible.
  • @Lawrence Could you verify with PayPal that there is no change required? Apparently a couple of people called PayPal from BL, and very few PayPal employees even knew what "PayPal for marketplaces" actually was. Difficult to find information on, not sure why BL wouldn't do what you are doing it seems to work fine.

Does PayPal send back a code once money has actually transferred via API? Just not sure how it works.

Thanks for always putting us at ease in a very short timely manner.

Tyson
  • @leopard37 We don’t require stores to take any action. This PayPal for marketplaces isn’t publicly available so nothing is changing here.
  • > @Dadsafol said:
    > I wouldn't be surprised if BL was conflating this to drive the changes they want. Their first attempt at integrated checkout is not as smooth as it is here.

Sounds like that doesn't bother you as much as it does me. I would really like to get the actual info on this. If it turns out that BL was lying, then that means I will definitively work towards leaving BL permanently as quickly as I can. Mistakes, errors, bad and selfish choices are all forgivable, but lying is not. To me that's simply the end.
  • This info/terms kind of scares the crap out of me:

- Will BL hold my order payments in escrow?
    We have not chosen to implement escrowed payments at this time. For now, PayPal will handle all payment distribution.

- Deposit the PayPal funds I've received through BL directly into the bank account I have linked to my BL account