Scroll Problem (Android)

When on item menu pages - viewing inventory - either my own store or other seller's, I have a scroll stutter issue.

If I scroll down, within a split second, the screen jumps back up. Especially frustrating when I aim to click on an item to view and the press is registered on the wrong part because the page jumps back up. To avoid the jump, I have to scroll tiny amounts at a time, but if I scroll two or three item lines at a time or the full view, the page will jump back.

Device is Sony Xperia XZ1(Running Adroid Oreo).

Anyone else? Is this an android or device issue?

Regards,

Wayne.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • No problems on Nexus 7 and LG Pad III 8.0 as far as I know. Chrome, Android 6.0.1
  • Have you tried different browsers on your Android? This might rule out or hint at a browser-specific issue
  • This also happens to me in Chrome for Android when browsing a store.

I look for something in the search bar, scroll down to find what I want and when I am going to tap, it scrolls up a bit. As you side, the only way to not make this happen is to scroll slowly, wait a bit and tap. It is frustrating....
  • Yep, happens to me too. Find yourself getting to the end of the scroll, waiting for the jump, is it going to happen? Is it not going to do it? Oh, the tension...
  • Is that only in relation to after clicking on the search box at the top, or in general?
  • For me typically it happens when there's a long list to scroll through (so a set with a large inventory for example) or after looking for a part which might require a bit more searching (decorated tiles). It seems to happen on a normal results page though. I've just tried searching for "1x1 brick" and it returns 1-60 results on the first page. If I scroll, when it stops, there may (or may not!) be a lurch as you try press on the part you're interested and all of a sudden you're looking at a different part that you're not interested in! Maybe with a long list it's simply the page catching up with the speed of the scroll, but I'm sure I've noticed it with a more leisurely scroll too.
  • Yeah, I get the same issue using various Kindle versions.
    If I look at the inventory for a larger set and stop scrolling to select a part, it will quite often jump further up the inventory, which leads to selecting the wrong item.

Is a bit annoying,
  • > @Lawrence said:
    > Is that only in relation to after clicking on the search box at the top, or in general?

No Lawrence.
    Also, I have just noticed the same happen on another site (Asda) so it looks like a browser / software issue.

For everyone that answered or commented: Thank you. It's good to know it's probably not my device and that I'm not the only one cursing my phone when the press is registered for the wrong item.

I have since sent feedback to Google. Be great if all of those affected do the same. Here's the process:

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
    To the right of the address bar, tap More (3 vertical dots) and then scroll down to "Help & feedback."
    At the bottom, tap Send feedback.
    Add details, including steps to help us recreate the issue that you're experiencing.
    Choose if you want to include more information in your report, such as a web address, your email address or a screenshot.
    At the top-right, tap Send.

Cheers all!