Create New Item from Inventory - Sticker Parent adding does not work

Hello,
at the moment I want to complete the inventory for set 70614. When I look to the inventory it shows me a decorated slope 1x2 which I can create. After pressing the create button I want to add the relationship to a "Sticker Parent". But this does not work. If I click on "Add Item" my screen is divided and I can choose the parent part (85984). But if I click on this part nothing happens.
Is there another button like "take this part" or similar?
I have used a comparable function this morning for adding stickered parts to the inventory - the bottom part of the divided screen was updated with the part I have clicked on in the upper part of the screen.

Any suggestions for me?

Regards,
Oliver.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello,
    go to the inventory, choose the part, choose uncoloured version, choose stickered part. Create. When approved, sell and choose colour and take photo - get approved - job done!
  • Hello Castle,
    I am familiar with this process step when I have to add a new stickered part.

I am talking about the situation if you open the inventory of a set which shows you a part which is not yet in the database but Brick Owl knows that it does exist. Please take a look to 70614:
    https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-lightning-jet-set-70614
    If you go now to the tab "Inventory" you can find a part with an itme number and a quantity and a green "create" button. This is the function which does not work proper.
  • Hello OliS,
    Works fine for me. Perhaps your browser is set up to stop pop ups because the "create" button loads a new window/tab. If need be, send me the description and I can fill it in.....
    Castle
  • The Popup shows also, therefor my firefox browser works. But if I click now in the upper screen part to the parent part it's not overtaken to the stickered part. And I can say that this is not a webbrowser setting because the same function is used than you add a part to the inventory. And this works. If I click on the part in the upper screen part it's overtaken to the lower screen part. But this does not work for this special "create" part from the inventory.
  • Hello,
    At this stage you are creating the part...stickered etc. comes later if need be. So create the part - get it approved as a new item. Then later the option for stickered etc. will become available. But you need to get the part in the system first! Of course some items are decorated like Minifig parts, computer consoles etc. and can be described as decorated parts and that is then end of the creating of a new item. AND doing a search of the inventory that is what this is I think! 85984 - some type of computer console.....

Castle.
  • edited February 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for bringing that to our attention, and that has now been resolved, you should be able to create relationships from the item creation page now.

I develop the site using speech recognition, and unfortunately occasionally it can insert random characters without me noticing, which it appears was the case back in December 2016, and the issue hadn't been noticed since.
  • Problem fixed - it works now. Part is created. Thanks.