0% TAX for Canarias and others in Eurozone

Hello @Lawrence ,

I was trying to configure my tax settings, but there is a problem...

In Spain there ara 4 provinces that IVA (Tax) does not apply: Las Palmas (35000-35999), Santa Cruz de Tenerife (38000-38999), Ceuta (51000-51999) and Melilla (52000-52999).

Las Palmas and S. C. de Tenerife also known as Canarias or Canary Islands

Some sellers (all Euro zone) state in their terms that they do not ship to these, and they would cancel the order.

But I want to ship to them and also show my prices without Taxes, as the rest of outside Eurozone as it should be legally wise.

I tried it with various TAX profiles, but a notice appeared in my Dashboard: "You have more than one tax profile set up as "Remove the tax rate from existing prices". If you need more than one tax profile, you should change them to "Add the tax rate onto the existing prices". Edit your Tax Profiles"
But I do not want to do that, I want to have my actual prices, and if TAX does not apply for the buyer, remove it.

Is there a way to do that?

PD: This is also related to my suggestion of ZIP range for shipping.

Thanks

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited February 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You should be able to do that, but as the message states you can't have multiple "remove tax" profiles as this isn't possible. You would instead need to remove tax from your prices, and then set up the various profiles to add the tax back on accordingly.
  • edited February 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    As it can add, can't it also remove? Or is it too much complicated to program?

That would complicate too much the process of uploading things as I use Brickstock (.bsx - It is referred as Brickstore in some parts of the site but it was taken and updated to be Brickstock nowadays).
    And that means that I would need to manually divide by /1.21 each file that I want to upload to the store... As I already have a method for pricing.

Please consider fixing that "have multiple "remove tax" profiles as this isn't possible." I might not be the only one in this situation.

Also, this post was not only about the possibilities in configuration, but also to discuss if the site could do something about TAX to these destinations, as any store in the Eurozone that has TAX should not charge it to these; the same as shipping outside of the Eurozone.

"The Canary Islands are outside the European Union Value Added Tax (EU VAT) area."

Some info: http://theislander.net/tax-update-the-canary-islands-ceuta-and-melilla-spanish-special-tax-territories/

PD: Not weekly but each month I receive orders to Canarias, so it is not an isolated case for me.
  • Unfortunately the logic is difficult to explain, but if you read the full sentence in that "remove tax" dropdown list, it should become apparent. It's not possible due to a logic issue, as opposed to a programming issue. The alternative would be some way of grouping multiple seperate tax profiles into one but this would be quite complex.
  • @Lawrence Now that TAX settings can have regions, could this be easily implemented when you can? Thanks
  • This is unfortunate. BL only has the option to set VAT-inclusive prices, so my items synced by Bricksync also have VAT-inclusive prices here. I was originally going to add Northern Ireland to my EU VAT profile, but apparently you can't use regions in a VAT profile with multiple countries. And you can't have multiple "remove" profiles, so I can't add Northern Ireland in its own profile either.

Does anybody have any good solutions? I see that the UK profile is set to add 20% tax on top of my prices which means that UK buyers will end up paying 20% more than buyers in the EU. Ideally they'd pay the same. Or actually a little bit less because the UK VAT is 1% lower than Dutch VAT which is 21%.
  • If you need to charge VAT to NI, I believe you can add another “add” tax profile just for NI. The tax system will first remove the VAT from your prices because GB is not in your main “remove” profile, and then add it back for NI
  • Thanks for that explanation. It makes sense that it works that way and I should have realized that myself.
  • @paulvdb could you list with regions would needed to be selected? Thanks

I saw this:

"Northern Ireland has eight lieutenancy areas: The counties of Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Londonderry, and Tyrone; and the cities of Londonderry, and Belfast. "

But couldn't find Londonderry and Belfast in the list.

PD: Hope the original request of this forum post would be addressed sometime, at last before July 2021 when the EU implements something similar for VAT in marketplaces...
  • edited January 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We have Ireland as

Armagh
    Antrim
    Derry and Londonderry
    Down
    Fermanagh
    Tyrone

@Stellar we moved this into suggestions and it will need to be dealth with
  • Thanks, now doing it I noticed that these were blank when seeing the UK Import VAT profile.

Thanks too for changing this to suggestions.
  • Bump,

It would be great to implement Tax Regions similarly than UK/NI so we can leave without VAT Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla from the rest of Spain Peninsular and Balearic Islands.
  • To be able to do that I would first need a region list for Spain. This was a big headache for the UK as there is no one offcial region list. Would you be able to give me some information about this for Spain?
  • The UK does not follow a uniform system of subdivisions, but Spain does. There are 17 autonomous communities and 2 autonomous cities, of which 3 are outside the EU VAT system. My wife is Spanish and confirms the Wikipedia article on Spanish regions is correct. @Stellar lists the three areas where VAT does not apply.

If you want to implement consistency regards VAT, I believe Italy, the Netherlands, Germany and Finland also have some areas that are outside the EU VAT system, while some non-EU areas are inside (Monaco, UK sovereign areas in Cyprus, and Northern Ireland).

Minefield!
  • I've split up Spain by 50 postal regions, as this is how users are already supplying their regions in their address information. I've normalised the existing several thousand Spanish addresses into those regions. Later I'll do something with the tax system
  • I'm also struggling to add the proper tax rate for each EU country (20% Austria, 19% Germany, etc.)

My prices are all tax inclusive and I would like to deduct the tax rate from these prices.

Ideally there would be an option:

'Remove the tax rate from the existing prices (which are tax inclusive) for the customers that this tax profile APPLIES to'

Could you add such a profile type in the 'tax' settings or would you have any other recommendation to achieve the desired outcome.
  • You would need to setup the “remove” tax profile for whatever country your prices are tax inclusive for. You can then setup “add” tax profiles for all the other EU countries you are registered in
  • @Minibreak these are the ones I have if it helps:

Also would be good to have it easier for all EU VAT zone instead...