LDD Instructions

Hi there ! I realize I am not the only one to find the auto-generated building instructions from LDD sometines cumbersome... But I think that a better control on the building sequence could help. Would the "groups" or "sub-groups" help for that ? Are there any typical best practice that should be used to help LDD make better building instrucitons automatically ?
Thanks, Anlego13

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not sure if you might get better answers but here's an idea: After you have your model done, break it up into different files based on the groups you want and then generate the instructions from those smaller sub-files.
  • Yes, this was my initial thought too... I am wondering if there is a more consistent way to reach the same result with a single file.
    Thank you for the feedback !
  • I think I would spend more time with software like LDD or others if there were solutions to the exact need you describe. I feel like most great digital models get stuck there - sure, the part list can be exported but unless someone can follow the instructions easily it's barely even possible for the person who designed the model to re-create it exactly without a lot of extra work. It's a little better than building real-world models & trying to replicate them but at least with a real-world model you have at least one existing for display in the real world!

I will keep watching this topic for other replies as it's one of the key reasons I've stayed away from the digital tools.