Catalog button bug?

Using Firefox 24.0 or safari 6.0.5 on a mac.

When I click the blue catalog button at the top of the site, the drop down has only one white button that also says catalog. When I click on it nothing happens. Is this a bug? It has always behaved this way.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That just toggles the search. From what I have seen there is only 3 options. 1 to search within the catalog, 2 to search withing your own inventory, and 3 to search within the store you are looking at.

2 only happens when you have inventory of your own listed and 3 only happens when you are within a store. If you are clicking on that in the forum you will only see the 1 option. I see 2, 1 to search my own inventory and 1 for the catalog, if I go into a store, it gives me all three options.
  • Lawrence - it might be worth adding a Catalog button in with those other grey buttons. It could duplicate the Buy button in terms of destination (although a page with custom info about the catalog at the top would be better). If BO is hpung to become the Open Data community catalog, then some users won't be here to buy but to use the catalog. Might as well make that use more obviously welcomed.
  • I think it did initially say Catalog. But as this is primarily a commerce site with a big catalog behind it, Lawrence changed it to Buy to reflect that. I see, you're asking for both Buy and Catalog even though they go to the same place.

Brian
  • I guess that's a question for Lawrence about vision. Is this an ecommerce site that happens to have an awesome catalog for purpose of allowing the ecommerce, or an ecommerce site that also hosts the community open data, non-restricted catalog?

I think there is mindshare and AFOL support to be had for being the latter, and now's the time to capture the subset of AFOLs who care about this stuff.

Cathy <-- self-confessed info-hippie, which might explain why all my suggestions have to do with making catalog management easier
  • It is both, I don't really know what to call the button, maybe at a later point I will merge that into the homepage a bit like eBay.

In my view it is a Lego catalogue where you can also sell stuff. I expect many people to come here to do non-commerce stuff such as looking at pictures or instructions.