Bricksync initialization help?

Hello Forum Friendlies,

I'm trying to initialize bricksync.

I've added my api keys/tokens/etc.
Both stores status is open.
When trying to run bricksync, I get the error message:

Failed to read configuration file at... followed by address directory and bricksync.conf.txt

A little help?
Thanks,
Dawn
Pretty_Pieces

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In the folder where the file bricksync.exe exists, there should also be a data folder. Inside this folder should be the bricksync.conf.txt file. If this isn't there, that's your problem. If it is, the file may not be formatted correctly. Near the top of the file there should be five lines, thus:

// BrickLink configuration
    bricklink.consumerkey = "key";
    bricklink.consumersecret = "key";
    bricklink.token = "key";
    bricklink.tokensecret = "key";

Make sure the " " are all there and the ; at the end of each line. Obviously, each key will be your keys. If that's all there correctly, it's possible something else in the config file is buggered. Re-download Bricksync and just replace the config file, updating your keys/tokens as necessary.
  • Hi Hoddie, thanks for the advice.
    I deleted and re-installed the whole thing. Updated the config file *very* carefully this time, on the chance I'd killed previous punctuation. Still get same error.
    I copied the whole address listed in the error message, and plugged it into my file manager to make sure it was right, and it does take me to the correct directory.

Any other ideas?
    Dawn
    Pretty_Pieces
  • I've sent my files to Alexis, to see if he can help.
  • Thanks Hoddie. :)

Apparently, it's something related to file/directory access permissions...
  • Yes, try not store the folder on the root of C, windows gets grumpy about this unless you spend a little time wiping out permissions (depending on what version of windows).
  • Thanks for another possible piece of the puzzle randyipp
  • For the sake of anyone looking for the answer, it was a permission issue from our safety software. I had to log in to the administrator ID and install it, then run. There were 2 pop up windows that had to be caught within a certain number of seconds before they defaulted to "No". One for "allow the program to make changes" and "Allow all users to access". It's working fine now. Thanks for your help everyone.
  • Hi

i have the same problem, but i'm sorry i really don't understand anything about computers, so i did not understand your solution. Could please explain it for a newbie ;)

Thank you
  • solution found
    thank you now it works