Cart Upsell

We are currently trialling a new upsell box on the Cart page of stores, I would be interested to hear any feedback on this from other members.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I like it a LOT (just my personal, humble opinion) since it focuses on "without increasing shipping". Very nifty, Lawrence!
  • That's really a cool feature. I like it. Are the upsell items chosen at random (based on weight or whatever)? I know nothing about programming - is there a way to connect some of the suggested items to those on a customer's wishlist? I know that feature exists up higher on the page, but the "without increasing shipping" feature might tempt me to purchase one more thing from my wishlist. Just an idea. Not sure if it's a good one.
  • It's a little confusing - add 1 of the items or a count of up to X? I clicked to add and it just added 1 and didn't offer me a quantity option. Not sure how useful it is because how many people decide to impulsively buy just 1 item of anything that randomly displays? Also, even if people do use it this will potentially annoy stores who now have a greater number of lots but only 1 item per lot.

I would like to see a "merged carts" feature. For example, when I am trying to buy multiples of various parts (multiple lots, multiple items in lots) often times stores with good pricing don't have the counts I need and I end up putting together quite a number of carts - which I don't mind but then I end up losing track of how many of the variety of parts I have accumulated between stores. Making me jump around between carts which is really time-consuming. It would be rather nice to be able to see a "merged cart" so I can quickly assess whether I have enough of what I'm looking for between all carts before committing to buy. It would also make it easier when some store inventories change, I can just quickly up the count of items to another store in 1 interface without jumping between a dozen pages trying to remember which cart had which parts.
  • The feature needs to exclude items with a bulk qty above 1, otherwise looks great.
  • Seems like a good idea in principal, depending on how are those parts selected.

If it's just 1 part qty randomly picked from the stores inventory, not so good.

If it was items on one of your wish lists the store has you didn't check, and that part and the available qty added then thats a very good idea.
  • Love the upsell box, great idea!

Two things though:
    At the moment the store information box gets pushed below the upsell box making it feel a bit out of place.
    The upsell box would probably be even more effective if it would give suggestions on how to reach the store minimum buy if one is set.

How are the upsell parts selected at the moment? They're mostly basic bricks, plates, tiles and technic parts right?
  • edited January 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Lawrence As seen in this screenshot maybe better display Store Information just below the coupon code (that now seems closed by default?)

https://imgur.com/a/Gk1ch

Also I don't know how these are suggested, but I think it would be great if it shows items:
    - From wanted lists (that are not already in the cart/or there is more quantity in the wanted lists).
    - Then if none, show usually bought together items that the buyer has one in the cart (left/right, minifig/weapon or utensil, and anything else...)

PD: Is there a relationship to link minifigs with utensils or weapons? Like CMF with they objects and stormtroopers with blasters etc.
    So that relationship item appears in the "related products" of minifigs and accessories...
  • Would somebody kindly explain, what is this?
    Where is it?
    What does it do?

Thanks!
  • Go to one of your store carts (if you have one open), and scroll down to the bottom of the cart page. On the lower left, there's a section that suggests add-ons to buyers. I only noticed it because I was ordering something from someone else.