What is the standard for used sets?

Is there a definition of "complete" for used sets on Brickowl? I have sort of assumed it is the same as BL but can't actually find any information on that in the help pages.

i.e. does a set need to have stickers to be considered complete but not instructions/box/extra parts

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When I shop for used sets, I expect ZERO missing parts (minus any extras that were originally included in the box), and preferably the contemporary mold designs if there have been any changes over the years. I expect all stickers to be either applied to the proper parts per the instructions or intact on the original sticker sheet (or a combination of the two), and the original instructions.

I differentiate between "complete" as above and "complete with box".

Unfortunately for me, many sellers don't seem to agree with this definition, as many used sets I've ordered either here or elsewhere fail to meet the above standard. Those sellers of used sets who do meet this definition will get my business!
  • I don't know if there is a special Brick Owl standard. But common sense would IMO be: everything necessary to build the main model and alternate models according to the instructions (of course not both at the same time). This would include stickers (either sheet or applied on parts) and instructions but not the box. Sometimes it would also include cardboard parts (for instance from Deco Magazines in some Sala sets) when this is shown to be used in the instructions).
    And of Course, parts should be from the correct time (otherwise it would be a 'remake' of the set).
    Anyway, each seller should clearly state if there's anything missing, if the stickers are applied or on sheet and if there's the box (and in which condition).
  • I've never seen a standard as such, but the few used sets I have got around to listing for sale, I will only sell if 100% parts complete with a new sticker sheet added (even if stickered parts are included) with an instruction manual and a box.

Extra parts may or may not be there - everything else will be! As close to complete as it would be if new back in the day.

Maybe I am just working too hard here :)
  • @sophiesbrickshop - used vintage sets will rarely be found with NEW sticker sheets. Some original vintage sticker sheets are hard to find and/or cost more than the average set price - or in the worst case are fakes (custom prints)
  • I know - I've spent a long time waiting for them to come up on BL etc to complete some of these :)
    Ordering them from all over the globe.
    Fun to do though...