Naming minifigures

Hi all,

Looking for some feedback. I've been making sure all the 2017 sets have all their minifigures listed and had a question as to naming convention. Obviously a city minifig that does not have a specific name (eg. child) should have a description afterwards. However how specific should I get? For other themed sets (eg. Star Wars, Ninjago, etc..) I've been taking the name off of the box as the minifigure title, but most figures have plenty of versions, so should I add a description to these as well. I believe even if it's only a first time character this description may be necessary to avoid going back to edit old versions if a new version comes out.

Example Kai in 853702 is only listed as Kai on the box however it may be meaningful to add a description.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. I will attempt to fix past entries based on the consensus however I may not remember them all.

Tyson.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Does the description really need the unique wording? Looking at the image and its inventory will show you all the extra detail. I'd prefer the descriptions to be short.
  • For generic people, things like “Ice Cream Seller” or “Boy with Blue Shirt” or “Woman with Gold Necklace” are the kind of style I prefer. There’s not a particular need to have a unique name for all of the Kai’s, if you have good knowledge of the theme and can differentiate them a bit then it’s helpful, but otherwise Kai is absolutely fine.