ZIP Range for shipping

2»

Comments

• Amen to that, @Graham! I'm not looking at all forward to updating my shipping tables in a few weeks, sigh.
  • @Lawrence

When do you plan on implementing?
  • Hopefully soon, unfortunately Christmas is an incredibly busy period but it's coming to an end and we are starting to catch up
  • Understandable!

We have a month to go, but would be handy to run a few items thru checkout to double check
  • edited December 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This has now been enabled, for customers that do not have a shipping address provided, they will be shown the pricing for zone 8 and a ~ will always be shown. More work needs to be done to indicate to customers a cheaper price may be available if they enter their address.
  • Great timing - I can test it out using the new shipping rates. Thanks, as always, for your extraordinary hard work, Lawrence!!! ::hugs:: <:-P
  • Great news!

Priority implemented with new zone method. See how it goes!

??????
  • Any updates to implement this for the rest of the countries?

We just need a table to put the ZIP ranges and pricing.
  • What country did you want this implemented for? And how do the zones work there
  • In Spain we have 2 groups of islands (Baleares and Canarias) and parcels (+2kg) to these each cost more and more than double respectably.

Also prices for province, bordering province, and the rest of provinces is different but similar value.

As "Post/Zip Code" is obligatory for an address, we sellers inside a Shipping method could have a table of ZIP range.

The way to put the zones can be similar to the USPS but without ZIP where you ship from but be able to edit each Zone 1... Zone 2... Zone X... the ZIP range that each one is for.

I think something like these can be done and be enabled for every seller for the world.

Also you might want to require at least one shipping method as the default to show logged out users or make a Zone X needed to be marked as the default.
  • Bumping this :smile: , other countries apart from US would like something like that.

PD: Some online retailers solve this issued by telling the logged out user to enter just the postal code to show him the estimated shipping cost to his destination. Maybe you can save it in a cookie and it would work for other stores he visits still logged out.
This discussion has been closed.