Bulk quantity and lot average

Hi, this is my first post, I hope I have it in the right category. I have "bulk quantity" on many of the items in my store, imported from another site, but am still seeing items with a quantity of 1 in orders. I see that "bulk qty" is definitely an option in BrickOwl, can anyone tell me how this works here? I don't want to use lot averages if I can avoid it.

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @RubyGirl I just browsed around in your other store and notice you indeed have plenty of items with a bulk setting, but with an actual quantity of 'below' your bulk. This technicly means that your buyer is forced to buy the quantity that you have available... Now BO may act differently on that, would need to check old forum messages about such, but I vagely remember that if the bulk setting is higher then your available quantity, it is 'nullified', probably the reason your buyers can checkout with a low quantity.
    As a sidenote (personal opinion): it is very disturbing for potential buyers to see a times XX, when you're available quantity is lower. My personal suggestion would be to not do so...
  • Thank you for the helpful reply RobErNat, it seems you are correct. Elsewhere, if the quantity dips below the bulk, you have to buy what is left, so I wasn't expecting this The bulk quantity is not showing though at that point though, so no fear of disturbing the buyers. I am going to have to think hard about this one :)
  • edited December 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @RubyGirl Even though the bulk quantity might not be showing on BO (you can test in your own store here), it still shows 'elsewhere' (since I looked over there), so 'disturbing' for buyers, maybe not here indeed, but 'on the other site' it might ;-)
  • Yes indeed, everyone has to make their own decision on this. It could be a disaster.