How to stoplist thief?

Hello!

Buyer haase32 made an order in my store, marked the order as paid with IBAN and I sent it out right away.
He never paid for the order or sent it back, also not after a question if something went wrong.

I like to prevent myself with dealing with him again.

How can I do that?

Best regards

Christopher

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ah, found it out. It's here: https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/blocked_customers
    Now I would love to cancel my post, clicked on the "edit" gear icon, clicked "cancel" which did not do what I think it would do and the gear icon is gone. Can I get help on this request? :-D
  • I think that you made a little mistake, i ALWAYS check my bank account before sending out an order. It's not right to call him/her a thief because you didn't check your bank account before sending out an order.
  • It is also a mistake of many stores to put items on stands outside of the store where they cannot control whether people pay them inside or not but if you grab such an item and run away without payment I would still call you a thief. Opportunity to have an item without payment is one thing, using this opportunity is another. How would you call someone who does that?
    In more than 3000 transactions I had 2 paypal charge backs for delivered bricks that the buyers did not want to pay for anymore because paypal gives them the opportunity to do so. Not enough to not accept paypal internationally anymore. The buyer is the first in 7 years who choose to pay with IBAN, marked as paid and did not. My trust and feelings are hurt and I'm not sure if I want to punish all those other great buyers out there with holding back my items longer as needed and reducing my service quality to prevent myself from feeling this way again and I would prefer not to do so and still ship the day they ordered if possible.
  • Put it in your Terms & Conditions that IBAN orders will not be shipped until funds have been verified. Customers paying this way will know what to expect and fraudulent users will avoid.
  • I did! Many thanks for the good idea :-)
  • edited January 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Well I don't think 'terms' are of much use here, I doubt many buyers actually check them prior to making purchases, and they don't show up at checkout (they should IMHO). It's good to have them so you can refer to them in case of need, but then there isn't a datastamp on it, so any 'term' could be put in question anyway. In the case of 'IBAN' it's better to put information in the payment method (payment instruction part) itself if you do want something to show up in the buyers copy of the order.
  • I followed your advice Rob. Thank you.