Add pictures to listing?

Is it possible to add photos to my listings? I searched the forum but had no luck. I'm going to start out here by listing a few vintage sets (cheaper here than on BL!)

Also, is there a new user tutorial?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Do you mean against your own stock listing as opposed to the main catalog entry? If so, I don't think so. I have noticed listings here referring to 'see pictures', with no pictures present, which confused me initially, but then the penny dropped and I worked out they had ported the listing and description from BL!

I'm also not aware of a new user tutorial (over and above the 'how to set up a store' side of things), but if you're unsure of how to do something, just post on the forum and hopefully somebody will respond.

Hope this helps!

James
  • @chetzler and @Jay37 It is indeed not possible at this point to add personal pictures to items. What James says is also true: sellers start 'syncing' but forget to review their wordings (and descriptions, as 'read more' notes are not included either in the sync process), certainly something sellers should take in consideration. Basic item descriptions are with even length between BL and BO, so it's not an issue if you stick to that. > move your 'see pictures' and additional descriptions to the 'read more' section, and they won't be a problem on BO. It's a bit of work offcourse, not sure I did all yet, but I do take it in consideration when I make new listings (with special descriptions).
  • OK, thanks. Do you know if there are plans to add that at some point? I think additional photos are critical for selling sets that are 35-40 years old.
  • @chetzler Tip: BO does not purge forum messages so far, so lot's of questions have already been answered, it might be usefull to use the search box on the right side to find out whether things have been discussed in the past and fill in the gaps for yourself.
    Example: https://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/comment/23469
    That said, there is also no harm in asking the same question ;-) , and you'll always have someone answer it. That's what I like about this forum, in general there is a good crowd around here, rarely 'fights' and mostly positive and constructive talks about either the site, it's functionalities or the product we love ;-)
    And no, as far as I know there are no plans (only ideas) in that direction yet, but that said, Admin Lawrence is known to hatch the egg when he feels it's needed, and make a change overnight and have it work flawlessly :-) So things like that will eventually be possible I suppose, in most cases it's a matter of priorities for him, just like Dan of BL in the early years, he does things on his own, he does not have a large staff working around the clock (*) , which clearly, looking back at the past years on BL, ain't the ultimate solution either.
    (*) Metaphorically speaking offcourse, as we all known BL is more like a 9 to 5 job for most of them.
  • @RobErNat Thanks, I did do a search but must not have used great search parameters ;)

Good info. I'd rather wait a while for a flawless new feature than deal with what became the norm over on BL!