A statement regarding custom items

2»

Comments

• In response to your statement, we do not permit "Custom replacement item" or "replacement rubber train wheel rims". As per the original statement, Brick Owl is only for the sale of items that are either created directly by LEGO, or licensed by LEGO.

But that is not true either! For example all types of books which include exclusive Minifigs can not be included in the catalogue exceot with reference to the books only. If someone has the item sealed, they have to remove it from the book to sell it and thereby reduce its possible value. As I mentioned in a private post - most books are licensed by TLG and this does limit the sale and explanation of limited Minifigs such as Pirate Batman and Wonder Woman. Not to mention DK1 - the only Castle release which includes a fair number of parts and Minifig as well as a skeleton horse.

Without seeing the actual merchandise who would pay $30+ rare sealed minifig and then $20 postage due to weight? But include the book that comes with the sealed minifig and then the interest is different!

Personally I would prefer these items with the books rather than separately so I do not really accept that such a major part of the merchandise is not accepted, when things like torches and shirts which are unavailable and NEVER seen in Australia for example are, and therefore may or may not be wanted or appreciated, are included. Considering the part count in many available books on the shelves at our local book stores, I am surprised on how limited Brick Owl's catalogue is without these items. Including the mini model of the space interceptor, Green Lantern's ship, the gears and pulley educational books available...quite a list really! I collect many of these books because they make a great encyclopaedia, and I am sure there is plenty of other reasons people buy these books and then discard....

Castle
  • > @Lawrence said:
    > Please do let us know if you notice any parts that indicate they have been chromed

How? Is there an easy way to do that?