A Thank You to the Lego Community

edited October 2013 in Brick Owl Vote Up12Vote Down
I wanted to say a brief thank you to everyone who has come together over the past week or 2 to support Brick Owl. There has been an enormous amount of catalog submissions and many offers of help from various people. It is great to see the Lego community as a whole from various websites pulling together. I will make sure to continue doing my bit to improve the website, make the catalogue editing easier, and make the data open for anyone to use.

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • \m/ :-bd =D>

And a big thank you Lawrence for doing such a great job with Brick Owl and providing all the members with such a great site to use.
  • Dan Jezek would be proud. Carry on, Lawrence! -Jason
  • You're welcome and thank you. This site has renewed my passion for buying and selling LEGO.

Enoch
  • Indeed and we're gonna make this work!

So say we all!!!!

• Great work Lawrence!
    I'm razing my old garage and building a better one on Brick Owl!

Thanks Again!!
  • Ditto to everything above. Keep rattling the parrot cage ;)
  • Another ditto. I really hoped the BLL folks would see the light wrt the catalog, but the enthusiasm and energy here is contagious. Thank you for bringing us this bright spot!

When things are calmer, you might want to advertise the open data aspect more...it's a competitive advantage for the owl!
  • +1 to promoting Open Data.
  • With that openness you have the opportunity to become a central fixture of the community. I'm sure you realize this and that's why you are doing it. But there's another part of the picture: durability. Please take steps to assure that the site code is well engineered and maintainable and that the site itself is resistant to failure due to outside circumstances. A plan of succession is a good idea, for example. People die, but websites don't need to.
  • I've said it before - but THANK YOU!

and thanks to you I still have all my LEGO - not just what I'm selling - and I'm building again!

Frankly I don't know how you have kept up - I can only assume you don't sleep!!

Graham
  • Thank you Lawrence! You are doing all of the hard work!
  • Thank you Lawrence! This site really is a breath of fresh air, and I look forward to properly setting up my store on here.

Matthew
  • This site is priceless as it allows me to modify my models without buying complete kits then wondering what to do with the bits left over. Being brought up in the 'seventies did not like the wheels on the large Mini Creator Expert mini the one with Technic wheels. The wheels gave it a Scalextric look which are not fond off, with the help of this site now have five nice silver grey 'steel' wheels with matching skinny tyres, it's a pity Lego only does a bar grip not a road tyre. The mini looks tons better thanks to this site and looks more the way I can remember before they were fitted with road roller wheels!. And admit to using this site to fix copy Lego too!
  • Thank you Lawrence! We've got your back.
  • Thanks Lawrence ! And the community for submitting catalogus information